• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

breitling transocean day date blue v7F vs Gen Scary close super Rep !

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Thinking to order black Dial and customize crocodile same choices in official website with white stitching and using back leather in strap to be more Gen like strap I can get 99% same oem by sending strap To strap maker
Look like no mesh Bracelet at the moment

Which strapmaker have you found that can make a 99% crocodile strap like the gen? I have never seen one that can replicate the shape of the padding on the gen strap, let alone the quality. I've been looking for years. It's the shape of the dome padding that is the biggest let down for me.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Which strapmaker have you found that can make a 99% crocodile strap like the gen? I have never seen one that can replicate the shape of the padding on the gen strap, let alone the quality. I've been looking for years. It's the shape of the dome padding that is the biggest let down for me.

Imean use very close pattern and color and stitching and strap shape
1bb530e05fdf18f1511779b01fbb0b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Is the mesh bracelet included?

No - I already owned a 42mm GF SuperOcean Heritage which I bought with the mesh bracelet some time back. They have the same size lugs.

Redmen1905

Horology Curious
29/12/18
Hey
​​​​​​
​I received qc pics with a deviation of 11 sec/day. This seems way too much and i asked TD to replace the watch and they told me that their watchsmith is gonna try to adjust it below 10 sec. What is your experience with the movement?

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
11s/d is not bad for an ETA clone movement. Besides those figures tell you nothing about how the watch performs on wrist. 11s/d dial up on a timegrapher may be 4s/d on the wrist.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Redmen1905

Horology Curious
29/12/18
Their watchsmith brought it to 6.1s, I confirmed today..let's see how it Performa in real

Redmen1905

Horology Curious
29/12/18
Got mine today, maybe a bit too big for my little wrists but I love it. There is only one concern: the crown can be turned in a endless way so it does not get into a fixed position. Is this normal or a flaw?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Got mine today, maybe a bit too big for my little wrists but I love it. There is only one concern: the crown can be turned in a endless way so it does not get into a fixed position. Is this normal or a flaw?

Nice watch, I'm not an expert on this model so maybe the seasoned veterans are more knowledgable but on the Breitling website for this model it says "Crown not screw-locked" so I don't think it should screw down in a fixed position.

Btw may I ask you what size your wrist is?

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Redmen1905

Horology Curious
29/12/18
I have very very small wrists without knowing what the size is Just as info i am using the last whole on the strap

Redmen1905

Horology Curious
29/12/18
Has somebody this rattling sound too when moving or turning the wrist fast? Like if there was a very cheap and bad movement inside. I just recognized and it is quite annoying to be honest
​​​​​​Was not the case when the watch arrived(or I did not recognize). I did not wear it for a week and now this..

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Has somebody this rattling sound too when moving or turning the wrist fast? Like if there was a very cheap and bad movement inside. I just recognized and it is quite annoying to be honest
​​​​​​Was not the case when the watch arrived(or I did not recognize). I did not wear it for a week and now this..

Without a photo with the caseback removed, it could be anything. Whatever the problem may be, it will be fixable, just need to figure out what the issue actually is. Do you have the ability to remove the CB with a sticky ball?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Can someone with a white dial version of this watch post a closeup picture of the dial? Really interested in how the dial texture looks and how it reflects light. Thanks in advance!

chigganv

30/1/19
Where do I buy this? cannot find on puretime. Or do I need to mail them and specifically ask for the V7f?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Where do I buy this? cannot find on puretime. Or do I need to mail them and specifically ask for the V7f?

Just search for "Transocean" they should be the first few results. If the factory is not stated you can ask them per email.