• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling B55 Exospace Replica ....

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Long shot this question, AFAIK there aren't many guys on here who have one and the one guy I did see had one I can't remember his user name :ROFLMAO:
I did have a quickie in the movement section, (ooo errr missus), but no dice.

Before I get my tools out and take it's case back off, can anyone tell me what movement these have or the sizes of the hands / spindles bore diameter ?

The only thing I'd like to improve is swap the Hour and Minute hands to Blue ones which some Exospace B55 models with other dial colours seem to have ....

TIA Dave

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I have some movement photo's, have to say I'm still none the wiser, no numbers or names on it ;) Seems it has 2 batteries, although I've not looked any further than that.

Here are the pictures in case anyone recognises it ....

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Thanks buddy, I will take it to bits further later today or tomorrow lunch time ;)

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
OK, no time like the present (y) ............
White cover has BUZ moulded into it here's a pic with it removed

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
You need to get below the circuit board to expose the movement.

Thanks for the reply, I kinda feared that, and I'm a bit of a learner watch repairer still, I really wanted to ID the movement first, then find and buy the hands, and then send the whole chebang to the watchmaker guy I've used before if he will take it on. He made a lovely job of my Daytona Rep hand swap.

Was I almost there at that stage ?

It kinda snowballed today, I may have to come back to it in a while as we have a lot going on atm, and I really need to lock myself in my workshop with no distractions as I'm a bit nervous of screwing it up.

It took me a while to find this one as it's a white dial model.

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Thanks for the reply, I kinda feared that, and I'm a bit of a learner watch repairer still, I really wanted to ID the movement first, then find and buy the hands, and then send the whole chebang to the watchmaker guy I've used before if he will take it on. He made a lovely job of my Daytona Rep hand swap.

Was I almost there at that stage ?

It kinda snowballed today, I may have to come back to it in a while as we have a lot going on atm, and I really need to lock myself in my workshop with no distractions as I'm a bit nervous of screwing it up.

It took me a while to find this one as it's a white dial model.
I'd be cautious too. That's a cool watch. Those stacked movements definitely are tricky. I still have one in pieces from years ago I took apart trying to change one of the batteries and see what movement I needed to replace since the analog movement died. Just lost some parts on another a few weeks ago and it doesn't work now though that may have died in storage. They always seem to have some "reset" points where you need to touch two places to close a circuit but it doesn't seem to do anything whenever I do it. Anyway, great watch and hope you get it worked out.

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I'd be cautious too. That's a cool watch. Those stacked movements definitely are tricky.

Hi,

Yeah, thanks for that, I put it all back together and it is still working perfectly :)

I may just leave it for now, as I still have more watches to buy to fill the cabinet, and TBH I wasn't going to start modding until then.
Having silver hands is not a deal breaker for me, I can definitely say I'm not disappointed as is (y)

Last edited: