• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet 5177 Photo review (gifs!)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Thank you for the detailed answer!
Can you elaborate what is wrong with the guilloche dials?
and what do you mean by saying that the hands aren't as finely finished as FK?

Thanks mate!
Just made these:
VUceT2.jpg

VUc0Eb.jpg

As for the guilloche comparison, you just can't beat a real Guilloche effect carved into silver (as opposed to stamped):

VURVYL.jpg

Granted, much different angle and lighting conditions, but having handled a gen and the FK, I can easily say the FK came closer than the MK, but the reps are FAR off from that shimmer effect on the polished areas.

Reactions: vcappp

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Just made these:
VUceT2.jpg

VUc0Eb.jpg

As for the guilloche comparison, you just can't beat a real Guilloche effect carved into silver (as opposed to stamped):

VURVYL.jpg

Granted, much different angle and lighting conditions, but having handled a gen and the FK, I can easily say the FK came closer than the MK, but the reps are FAR off from that shimmer effect on the polished areas.

Thank you!
I see what you mean about the hands now. I don't see how FK is closer to the gen, but I guess I have to see it in person...

Last edited:

stuxnet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/21
Hey guys,

I'm digging up this topic to let you all know about a new promising factory manufacturing the Breguet Classique 5177 series. The LT Factory (LTF). It has been released for a couple of weeks only and we start to see few QC pictures popping out here and there. Only a few TD's apparently sell these watch from LTF. Others have never heard of this factory. Here are a few pictures:

zxovJ8.md.jpg

In a nutshell:
1. Nice overall finish, the enamel dial does not have that super thick font like MKS.
2. The straps seem to be pretty decent for a rep. The blue one looks particularly well replicated at first glance.
3. Aweful date wheels numbers colors... On the picture, it looks clearly blue. I believe the gen is black or way more dark blue. I think it is a noticeable tell unfortunately.
4. Thickness is advertised as 9mm, just like the FK version. However, it visually looks a tiny bit thinner than the FK one, closer to MKS thiness.
5. I can't notice anything wrong with the hands.
6. Big difference is the caseback with decorated Miyota 9015 which is miles away from both MK and FK. It looks much closer to gen than ever as you can see on the pictures below:

zxq382.md.jpg

Another one from LTF:

zxqHvE.th.jpg
zxqhzn.th.jpg

@majwilliams0308 , our Breguet guru :) what do you guys think about this one ? Anyone have more QC-type pictures of the white enamel one ?
Let's revive this thread about one of the most beautiful classical dress watch ever !

Cheers.

stuxnet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/21
Here is an additional picture comparing the thickness of the 5177 MKF vs the FKF V3. It's no contest, MKF is spot on when it comes to the thickness. The genuine one is 8.8mm as well whereas the FKF V3 one is 9.3mm. The difference is not that huge, but it is quite noticeable when we overlap them. Besides, some Chinese reviews, blogs and TD's are stating the genuine 5177 is 9mm, but in reality, it is 8.8mm.

3Haov8.md.jpg

Can somebody tell me if the bold characters on the MKF white enamel dial has been improved a little since the release of the latest V3 two years ago ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Here is an additional picture comparing the thickness of the 5177 MKF vs the FKF V3. It's no contest, MKF is spot on when it comes to the thickness. The genuine one is 8.8mm as well whereas the FKF V3 one is 9.3mm. The difference is not that huge, but it is quite noticeable when we overlap them. Besides, some Chinese reviews, blogs and TD's are stating the genuine 5177 is 9mm, but in reality, it is 8.8mm.

3Haov8.md.jpg
This is exactly the line of content i love trading on RWI !

@stuxnet : Yout reviews are really, really well made and full of photos and details, keep up the golf work ! (y)

Reactions: stuxnet