• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brandnew Arf Datejust repaired/saved

Genuine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
3/4/22
Five weeks ago I ordered an ARF Datejust wich has arrived with the hour hand being loose. Too late I then have realised that it was also already loose on the QC pictures. Now I know what to look at.

I bought the watch after reading a lot here and also here I have found Natas78 who lives in the same country.
Without him being here I wouldn’t have a clue what to do or how to solve this. Because I also already spent to much money for the bank transfer when I did the purchase. I had no idea if the movement was broken or only the hand was loose. Also the date could not be set properly.

I have sent the watch to Natas78 after I talked with him about the problem.
One week later he let me know that the watch was repaired and told me exactly what he did. He fixed the hour hand. Has put back hands for a correct date switch. He has lubed the axle to the crown (I don’t know the word in English) because it was dry. He cleaned the dial from dust and he greased some gaskets.
Four days later I received it back working perfectly.
A great experience! Can’t be better or easier.

It’s great to see a such a good replica on your wrist. A dream comes a little true and I really enjoy the ARF although it is essential for a watch that it has the correct time on the dial. Therefore It has to be corrected to frequently with +10s/day and I am afraid the movement won’t survive this on the long term.
It is a replica offcourse, maybe I should consider the real stuff when the ARF fails and I cannot miss it anymore what I already assume… or I will be sending it back to Natas78…

I am very happy with the repair. Thanks for helping me out!

Reactions: Anaanis