• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bracelet screw stuck

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would skip drilling unless you have a drill press. Even then, successfully drilling into an SS screw with a 1mm bit is extremely difficult. I've broken many bits, some after getting partially through before snapping off. It's never worked for me.

RolexGuy22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/21
A bit late to the party got my Gmt v10 from noob screws dipped in that loctite stuff got one out but the second one stripped basically mangled can’t even fit a screw driver was thinking about drilling it etc watchmaker couldn’t do anything so i was pretty determined to do it myself took a pretty sharp knife stuck it in the screw managed to spin it cause the kinife created an imprint of the tip inside of the mangled screw and i pulled it even though two watchmakers told me that i need a new oyster bracelet i had a spare watch spring literally the same one…so much for watchmakers am i right o didn’t even scratch the watch but the mangled screw was dome for and replaced with a brand new one…so much for watchmakers on this one