• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 03-92 Diver bronze?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Tnx. Will keep it in mind. (If the 9015 dies on me )

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
Does anyone have some feedback on the noise level on the 9015 in this piece? I had an IWC that was just so loud I wasn't a fan of it, granted it was very thin. This B&R being much more robust maybe it deadens the sound a bit?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Does anyone have some feedback on the noise level on the 9015 in this piece? I had an IWC that was just so loud I wasn't a fan of it, granted it was very thin. This B&R being much more robust maybe it deadens the sound a bit?

All of my 3 Bell and Ross's with the 9015 are quiet. Had one where to rotor scrapped the antimagnetic cover. But I simply removed the cover.

Reactions: cometome

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yep, Stevie is great to deal with and the quality is awesome. I have a great idea for a strap design for this watch and will order from him. But I'm in doubt about the color. Maybe dark blue is nice.... Or just brown.

Finally ordered my custom design!
Done in a day, just have to wait a couple of days for the mail.

Turned out exactly as I drew it :cool:

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Finally ordered my custom design!
Done in a day, just have to wait a couple of days for the mail.

Turned out exactly as I drew it :cool:

I’d love to see it on the watch. Please post some pics when you get it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom

I seem to have serial number trouble with my B&R reps! The Horolum I owned had issues with a random special edition of 600 pieces (or something along those lines) and now I notice the numbers don't match on my bronze diver!

It is piece number 433 of 999, but the serial number BR-03-92-DIV-B 00435 suggests otherwise!

Of course I am not upset as its a very very minor tell. Its a fantastic rep of the bronze diver and very different to all other watches I own. Maybe other users can check their casebacks and see if its the same!?!

For reference here is a gen, you can clearly see piece number 013 and serial number 00013 are related -

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
It”s the same on the gen, so don’t worry about it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
tim03

Like kryckan13 said, on the gen the number also varies.
I have seen gens with both matching and non matching numbers. Al reps I've seen were non matching. However, in both gen and rep the non matching numbers always differ by two. Like 433 and 435, 013 and 015.

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom
Good to know, thanks for the knowledge gents.

I only picked up on it after seeing an article on the gen and noticing the 013 and 0013 example I posted above. I made the assumption that production number and serial number matched.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
'&' logo on the crown

Today I had a little conversation with thewatchwolf about the clear coat on the crown preventing it to form patina. Now I have seen gens with the resin. But also gens with the non matching serial numbers, which makes one think...:thinking:

As I had removed the resin on my 03-88 before and I noticed most of the gens don't have it, I started a little project.
Scrapped of the top layer of resin first. I don't recommend doing this. To hard.
IMG-20200518-165225.jpg

Then I put the crown in thinner and let it soak. (I removed the rubber form the crown first) This softend the resin which made it easier to remove. I say easier, not easy! Scrapped it of with a knife, needle and mini screwdriver.

Half way there
IMG-20200518-165154.jpg

By the way, as you can see the rubber o rings did there job. Luckily :bless:
IMG-20200518-163334.jpg

So after some more bathing in thinner and scrapping I was happy enough with the result. I did damage the surface, but this isn't visible with the patina (which I immediately forced to match the case)

​​​​​​

Last edited:

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Received my bronze diver yesterday. What a beauty. Can’t hardly wait for the patina.

One issue though. The watch has 2 pieces of lint (quite noticeable) stuck on the inside of the crystal. An eye sore for sure. How difficult would it be to clean it myself? I have never removed a movement from a watch. Is there a guide somewhere for opening BR watches and removing miyota movements.

I would appreciate any advice.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
nanoman you have picked the easiest watch to do that yourself.

Unscrew the 4 case back screw. The screws in the dial side will simply drop out. Then you gently can pull off the whole front. Best it to clean with a piece of rodico or a little air blower. Don't blow yourself as you might accidentally spit on your dial or crystal which will leave marks.

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Thanks for the reply. Do I need to hold the screws in the dial with a second set of screw driver when I am removing the screws in the case back? Thanks
nanoman you have picked the easiest watch to do that yourself.

Unscrew the 4 case back screw. The screws in the dial side will simply drop out. Then you gently can pull off the whole front. Best it to clean with a piece of rodico or a little air blower. Don't blow yourself as you might accidentally spit on your dial or crystal which will leave marks.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Thanks for the reply. Do I need to hold the screws in the dial with a second set of screw driver when I am removing the screws in the case back? Thanks

No, you do not. They will just drop out.
When putting them back, just place your finger on them to hold them in place.

- use a good fitting screw driver, so you don't damage the screws.
- pay attention how to place the screws back in the front side of the case.
- when you have the case back off. Grease the o rings with silicone while your in there.

Reactions: nanoman

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I've been feeling very uninspired lately, with no more watches I desired, everything was meh, same old chewed up styles. And boy am I glad I discovered this thread, I'm placing my order ASAP. I just have to pay more attention in my QC, my SS B&R diver had very poorly centered date.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
How could you have missed this?! Hehe
Glad you found it :party:

I haven't heard anyone that has a miss aligned date wheel. But yes. It's actually the one thing to look for in qc.

There was one m2m yesterday. But it got sold instantly.

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
No idea, I haven't thought about buying another B&R and wasn't aware that this version was even released. I'm constantly in Omega, Rolex, Breitling threads and it's easy to get lost in your own echo chamber. I wish you haven't told me about the one from M2M... I keep on refreshing that thread, but somehow always manage to miss out on the good stuff. I guess I'll have to contact one of my TDs and get prepared for a couple of months wait....

Edit: Just saw it was from Singapore, so I'm at peace :) I'm from the EU, so triangle is a must. Customs in my country are greedy and hyperactive..

Last edited:

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
How could you have missed this?! Hehe
Glad you found it :party:

I haven't heard anyone that has a miss aligned date wheel. But yes. It's actually the one thing to look for in qc.

There was one m2m yesterday. But it got sold instantly.

Yes, there was, and I’m looking forward to receiving it lol
I am addicted to Bronzo pieces, this will be my 3rd.
Any advice on custom/aftermarket straps would be good.
Looks a quality piece with nothing to obvious to pick fault with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yes, there was, and I’m looking forward to receiving it lol
I am addicted to Bronzo pieces, this will be my 3rd.
Any advice on custom/aftermarket straps would be good.
Looks a quality piece with nothing to obvious to pick fault with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, congrats.. you bought a rock solid watch so it seems.

Straps, yes. Look up Zeppelin craft on eBay.
He made my design straps. See few posts back.
Still waiting for the post delivery guy....