• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR-03-88 landed :) Photos...

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I bought the watch from Joshua. For the price and normal shippment (EMS) costs - Joshua sent it in two (2) separate EMS, one for watch and, one day later, the box. Box is expected on Monday so I skipped the box part at all since SMIDSY/RWI did it already:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/br03-88-box-papers-review-66983

The watch is perfect. Swiss ETA 988.333 inside. Everything from B&R page about this watch is correct in case of settings etc.

There are two type of crown rotation needed to set some function: slow and fast turn. Fast turn is really FAAAST, you need to turn as fast as you can, literally.

Now to the pictures (sorry for the visible dust particles...sunny day):

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The crown has some resin layer on it, tried to show it:
08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

On this picture I did my best to get worst glare from the window on the crystal - surpisinlgy LCD remained clearly visible due to birefringence, I guess...
11.jpg

To compare sizes, PAM 288 on the left:
12.jpg

The LCD readability is quite subtle, but I like it - it doesn't "fight" with the dial and hands ;)

Alarm signal is two-tone and quite nice. Minute hand moves every 30 seconds.

To SMIDSY: the watch replaced my Skyhawk AT as daily beater, too.. ;)

Speedman

14/5/10
Really nice :) How does it feel, and is there any flaws that you can see?

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
The only thing bothering me is dark cannon pin cap. NOTHING else :) (lume is weak but I don't really think it is important).

SMIDSY suggested dark / not polished cannon pin cap is just another possible version in GEN world.

The watch feels right and has that GEN feeling.

CarbonRob

30/10/10
wow- looks awesome, no wonder you are pleased! Might have to chase one down!

mroz

13/10/09
Excellent review and cracking pictures.

I've hardly had mine off since I got it at the end of December.

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
why did you erase the serial LOL?

Nice watch :)

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
What did this one set you back? What is Joshua's site?

Joshua is one of known dealers but not trusted on this particular forum. I bought many watches from him so I know he knows me and I can always expect more flexiility ;) Price was $588 with a box and two separate shippments via EMS in price of one (watch and box).

I guess you can have this watch from dealers trusted here.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
HOLY CRAP nearly 600 bucks!!! Looks good but cot dayum that's expensive.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
holy crap, this is a perfect rep... if only the price was a little lower, than i can afford it :)

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I tried to find what is the price for ETA 988.333 for watch repair industry buyers and it was $299 per unit. I don't think they bought many of these movements. Maybe a 50-100, that's why they set price like this and they know they will sell all of them eventually. Now, omit the movement and you are at $288 perfect watch body, with a box, tools and additional strap. And probably one production serie only...

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I tried to find what is the price for ETA 988.333 for watch repair industry buyers and it was $299 per unit. I don't think they bought many of these movements. Maybe a 50-100, that's why they set price like this and they know they will sell all of them eventually. Now, omit the movement and you are at $288 perfect watch body, with a box, tools and additional strap. And probably one production serie only...

If this sells well I doubt it will be one production batch and you can be sure that they're not using brand new 988.333 movements. They try and source the cheapest, oldest movements out there and stick them in

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
If this sells well I doubt it will be one production batch and you can be sure that they're not using brand new 988.333 movements. They try and source the cheapest, oldest movements out there and stick them in

why do you say things you have no idea about?

I can confirm that my 988.333 (before going back) was visually new, running perfectly and they are REALLY hard to source.

Also the 988.333 isnt that old a movement so whatever. Kudos to the rep makers for sourcing so many of these!

This rep is worth every penny IMHO.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Sourcing of ETA movements is harder than we used to think. ETA tries to stop sales of blanks since 2002. Even when using legitimate way to buy movements for repairs - how many units of THIS movement you can purchase without rising suspicions? 20? 50? I consider myself quite happy with this rep, feeling sad for SMIDSY's one caught in customs :(