• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Should i dare say this is the best rolex rep of this moment...
Maybe TC YM can reach it...

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I do not think this watch is anywhere near the quality of a TC IMO. The crystal, bezel, bracelet and hands are crap. I will be posting a comparison to gen parts very soon. BP ceramic subs and the noob explorer II 42MM are much better out of the box.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I do not think this watch is anywhere near the quality of a TC IMO. The crystal, bezel, bracelet and hands are crap. I will be posting a comparison to gen parts very soon. BP ceramic subs and the noob explorer II 42MM are much better out of the box.

I've owned a TC Sub and I have to agree out-of-the-box it is a notch up from the BP SD - QC is more consistent, the bezel rotation more solid and smooth, and crucially the bracelet has a way more gen-like feel.

But is it worth 3 times as much? Debatable. And let's not forget the TC Sub has flaws, albeit subtle ones. Personally I just prefer the Dweller - the 16610 is just plain boring and ubiquitous.

rols16610

20/4/12
The TC sub is better out of the box, although the BP SD is a great watch.

With a few mods, TC bracelet, crown/tube and hands I think the BP SD will be pretty close to the TC sub in terms of quality, the BP case is really nice.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
You mentioned the crown of these two watches. I made some observations comparing BP SD vs gen K series.

Look at this thread and the pictures:

The crown of the gen seems to be really huge and has got 24 teeth. BP's has got 25 teeth and seems to be smaller in diameter. Also the crown position is different on the gen, it's sitting slightly higher to the bezel. I guess 0,5mm because of the different stem height of the movement.

Does TC's crown improve the look of the watch and has got only 24 teeth?

Cheers

Andi

giobo

6/5/10
Guys Tc sub is great but is costs a lot more and needs gen insert which is another 200$ and for me needs for sure new bezel cause most of the times bezels are crap...
TC YM is way more accurate watch..SD is like 95% accurate out of the box for 250$..
Something Rolex enthusiasts have been waiting for years

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You mentioned the crown of these two watches. I made some observations comparing BP SD vs gen K series.

Look at this thread and the pictures:

The crown of the gen seems to be really huge and has got 24 teeth. BP's has got 25 teeth and seems to be smaller in diameter. Also the crown position is different on the gen, it's sitting slightly higher to the bezel. I guess 0,5mm because of the different stem height of the movement.

Does TC's crown improve the look of the watch and has got only 24 teeth?

Cheers

Andi

The number of teeth on the BP crown has already been covered in this ginormous thread.;)

The TC crown is a step closer to the Gen crown.

sacsha1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/13
i just received the TC hands - the lume matches pretty closely with BP dial. I am really happy with this watch. The only thing I might do later is upgrade the movement to a swiss movement and get a gen crystal.

Any idea whats the part # for gen crystal?

melore

Known Member
18/10/12
anyone know of any possible way to fit TC hands on the BP SD high beat 21j?

meh784

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/11
I'm still on the fence of getting an SD or a sub c no date.

I have a CG question. After reading and re-reading this thread multiple times, I'm still unsure on what the "correct" CG shape should be. From looking at QC pics from multiple members, it seems there are different opinions. For example (crops from other member's QC pics), some are skinnier and more pointed, whereas some are fatter and more square.

Which is preferable? I've looked at various pics of gen and I still don't know.

edit: removed pics. After scrutinizing gen FS pics on the rolexforums, I've come to the conclusion the skinnier CGs are a bit more per gen.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I'm still on the fence of getting an SD or a sub c no date.

I have a CG question. After reading and re-reading this thread multiple times, I'm still unsure on what the "correct" CG shape should be. From looking at QC pics from multiple members, it seems there are different opinions. For example (crops from other member's QC pics), some are skinnier and more pointed, whereas some are fatter and more square.

Which is preferable? I've looked at various pics of gen and I still don't know.

edit: removed pics. After scrutinizing gen FS pics on the rolexforums, I've come to the conclusion the skinnier CGs are a bit more per gen.

This is something that is only going to drive you crazy!! 99% Of the general public don't know anything about CG shape or difference in gen or rep. If it bothers you friend have it moded. The new BP SD is the closest to gen you are going to get. I am sure if you buy it you will not be disappointed. This is a great piece. And you can mod it easy.

sacsha1

Banned
18/2/13
This is something that is only going to drive you crazy!! 99% Of the general public don't know anything about CG shape or difference in gen or rep. If it bothers you friend have it moded. The new BP SD is the closest to gen you are going to get. I am sure if you buy it you will not be disappointed. This is a great piece. And you can mod it easy.

I completely agree. The only only thing that bothers me are the dark hands but those can be taken care of with TC hands. Besides that I really dont see any major differences between the gen and bp

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I completely agree. The only only thing that bothers me are the dark hands but those can be taken care of with TC hands. Besides that I really dont see any major differences between the gen and bp

Crystal and bezel are not good in my opinion. But we all know opinons are like A## Holes. The problem is I think this Rep OTB is getting too much credit because it has glaring flaws in all of the key components. Sheesh the Rolex crowd is much more gorgiving than my Panerai brethren. :popcorn:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
+1 on this being a great rep. For under $500 one could bring it super close to Gen. ;)