• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I posted pics of my 21j BPSD (C&R) and was waiting for my "Swiss ETA" BPSD arrive from a TD here.

Well it arrived, and it has the engraving it should not have.

I requested QC pics, never got them and he sent it anyway.

My first Rep from an overseas TD - oh well.

IMG_0017_zpsd256c6e9.jpg

IMG_0018_zps36256c08.jpg

Not sure what my options are, we will see if he replies to my PM.

It really is a shame, the date looks great and it is a very smooth movement.

And this hobby was off to a fine start LOL. Maybe this is my wakeup call to slow down... I have been having such fun time that last night when I was tracking this BPSD I thought about cannibalizing my gen watches to make fraken reps.

I have never sanded a renault but it seems pretty simple? Cant you just remove the movement and the crystal and just use sandpaper? Then put it back together?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I got qc pics last week from sora showing an engraved rehaut and he said the latest batch from the factory were all the same!!! Bp factory are pretty crap in some respects!'
I've got fed up with waiting and have asked for a refund.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Damn! The BP factory fudge it if they went with the engraved rehaut. I am keeping mine for ever if that is the case... :) Having no engraving is a huge +++

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Damn bp factory most inconsistent QC but when it's good they can be awesome in regards to achieving that close to gen 'look'

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
If someone has one (conus) with engraving, i might be interested in buying it just to see what it takes to sand it off.

Mods please delete if this breaks any rules for soliciting!

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
does the bp take gen insert?
Not sure but going to find out...the deal was too good to pass up ($70.00). It has some minor scratches but I wear my watches so I dont mind. I'll post the results.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Which hands are they? How is the lume?

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Q5,
What do you think of these? Should they be installed or not?
Hands_zpsc84f1d69.jpg

Not Q5, but yes, those look like a huge improvement. Did you get a usps shipping notification from TC? I always have when I've ordered parts from him in the past, but it's been two weeks since I paid for my hands and I've heard nothing.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
And that engraved rehaut is just unbelievable. Why would they do that???

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Q5,
The lume is weak because they are old. I have had them for several years.

My friend had a jewelry and watch business that he closed to run for city counsel. I purchased his old watch parts and this was in the lot. Most of the parts I purchased were gen but not sure if these are (don't know how to tell?). Im not even sure if they will fit but I may try it just to see.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
They definitely look the part in the daytime. But since the lume blows, I'd pass.

I can't wait to see if the TC Hands match both daytime and lume.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
They definitely look the part in the daytime. But since the lume blows, I'd pass.

I can't wait to see if the TC Hands match both daytime and lume.

Now you tell me....I already installed them! :facepalm: I may replace them once i get the TC ones. I just dont have the patiance to wait a month. Anyways here you guys go! :thumbsup:
Newhandsinstalledphoto_zpsd8603e4b.jpg