• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Sea-Dweller 16600 re-release with VR3135

fra44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/23
I do agree with @flashu that the majority of people won’t know.

Just depends on your level of neuroticism or OCD ;)
That's pretty high haha! I don't even care what people think, I'm just in this spiral where it bugs me to know my watch has some inaccuracy that I can notice if I look at it. Like it could be the thicker glass for example.

Tbh to even discuss this is insanity, I guess I will just stop thinking at it for a while to stop the overthinking and come back in a few days and just purchase the one I like the most.

I find that for me when I "do my homework" and gather information on the best model I get dragged into a neuroticism spiral where I NEED to have the flawless watch. Probably means that I have to detach for a bit 😅

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
sunday

KAaOHt.jpeg

KAaqEF.jpeg

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
KAP5DE.jpeg

Old original BP16600 Modded into a 16660 triple 6 With Gen crown and tube and Rolex 93150 clasp With Gen extension. The Crown guards were a lot different back then. This one takes a Gen insert but the bezel is held on my a long wire. Powered by ETA 2836.

Last edited:

fra44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/23
KAP5DE.jpeg

Old original BP16600 Modded into a 16660 triple 6 With Gen crown and tube and Rolex 93150 clasp With Gen extension. The Crown guards were a lot different back then. This one takes a Gen insert but the bezel is held on my a long wire. Powered by ETA 2836.
beautiful!! Is it a gen dial, or otherwise where did you find it? Was it difficult / expensive overall to assemble the whole watch? Looks insane, congrats!

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
KAP5DE.jpeg

Love it! I have a case coming that I want to mod to a 16660 as well.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
So, I was messing around with the bracelets from BP 16610 and 16600 seeing if by the chance switch them (polished vs brushed) .... I know wrong expectation :D... won't fit

Anyway I took some photos so there you have it

Krm8Db.jpeg

Krmrqp.jpeg

Krmnsi.jpeg

Krm99X.jpeg

KrmtX5.jpeg

KrmBbF.jpeg

KrmlUt.jpeg

KrmpQ2.jpeg

KrmCRE.jpeg

KrmThn.jpeg

KrmXn3.jpeg

Krmdss.jpeg

KrmwZY.jpeg

Krm4ID.jpeg

KrmMXk.jpeg

Krmsxo.jpeg

KrmvUJ.jpeg

Krm7QP.jpeg

KrmEfW.jpeg

KrmRhS.jpeg

LEFT 16600 - RIGHT 16610

KrmFuL.jpeg

BBoy2017

4/5 digit afficionado
17/9/21
United Kingdom
From my experience, the newer 16600 with polished sides to the bracelet and a new insert is pretty good. To be 99% there, yes it needs some other things, but you'll really only know if it's tolerable when you have it on the wrist. Might as well buy it to see, you'll be able to get 95% of your money back if it turns out you can't deal with the issues, and if you love the feel you'll feel better about further mods.
Hey, hope you don’t mind me hopping on your comment. I’ve got a BP 16600 on the way and wondering if you can tell me if the insert is pressure fitted or glued in? Id like to add a gen insert. Thanks

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Hey, hope you don’t mind me hopping on your comment. I’ve got a BP 16600 on the way and wondering if you can tell me if the insert is pressure fitted or glued in? Id like to add a gen insert. Thanks

I’m not 100% sure on the newer SDs, but gen fits in the older one with very minor sanding.