• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bought CF Pepsi and very hqppy

Orthopod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
5/7/23
Georgia
It took a while, and communication was slow, but I trusted the process. I bought a clean factory Pepsi, and it just arrived today. Quality control. Pictures were not the greatest but I was able to tell what I needed.
No timing information was provided but I trusted Lucy based on reviews.

Definitely have to be patient. If you expect Amazon, speed and instant communication, then I don’t think Luke is for you. But if you want great quality control and a really nice watch then I would use Lucy-

Orthopod

Supporter
Certified
5/7/23
Georgia
Just an update:
I wrote the review the day I got
My watch. I wore the watch for the first time a few days after getting the watch, and the bezel popped off.

I notified Lucy, along with pictures. She basically said that she does quality control and rotates the bezel and that she did not find a problem with it.

It was full of grease, and I cleaned it out and tried to get the bezel back on but nothing I could do would keep the bezel stable. It would just come off easily.

Her response basically was that she would offer me $30 off my next purchase if I still trusted her. Obviously wasn’t going to offer a replacement or offer to have it fixed.
I wasn’t about to ship it back to China….

Life’s been busy, and I’ve read threads on this issue with clean factory 126710’s….

I’ve sent the watch to another member who’s looked at it and says that it’s out of tolerance.

Overall, based on her response to me, the massive delay in responding to emails, (where I just thought I would just be patient as everyone on the forum suggest that I be), I would not buy another watch from Lucy.

I’ve bought a bunch of reps. $500 to have a broken watch sitting in front of me trying to figure out a solution hasn’t killed me financially. It’s more of a disappointment, especially with all the high praise that Lucy seems to get

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Oh God, I just got mine moments ago and I sure hope that doesn’t happen to me,

i know all about disappointment, I also just got a Daytona with a detached flip lock so now I’m taking on a project trying to fix that

The world of reps is not without some real drags sometimes.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Just an update:
I wrote the review the day I got
My watch. I wore the watch for the first time a few days after getting the watch, and the bezel popped off.

I notified Lucy, along with pictures. She basically said that she does quality control and rotates the bezel and that she did not find a problem with it.

It was full of grease, and I cleaned it out and tried to get the bezel back on but nothing I could do would keep the bezel stable. It would just come off easily.

Her response basically was that she would offer me $30 off my next purchase if I still trusted her. Obviously wasn’t going to offer a replacement or offer to have it fixed.
I wasn’t about to ship it back to China….

Life’s been busy, and I’ve read threads on this issue with clean factory 126710’s….

I’ve sent the watch to another member who’s looked at it and says that it’s out of tolerance.

Overall, based on her response to me, the massive delay in responding to emails, (where I just thought I would just be patient as everyone on the forum suggest that I be), I would not buy another watch from Lucy.

I’ve bought a bunch of reps. $500 to have a broken watch sitting in front of me trying to figure out a solution hasn’t killed me financially. It’s more of a disappointment, especially with all the high praise that Lucy seems to get
Whether you buy from her or any other TD, this same issue can happen. Lucy doesn't have a magical hat that she puts on which can predict if your bezel will stay on or not. Your entire post shows ignorance of what the process of buying a rep is. I personally know three people who have had this same thing happen to them. It wasn't a crisis and they had it taken care of by a watchsmith. You should try to re-evaluate your post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jossé and Karbon74

Orthopod

Supporter
Certified
5/7/23
Georgia
Thanks Tesla. I realize that buying a rep is not the same as buying a genuine watch. I’ve bought many of them and understand completely that things definitely go wrong.

Lucy has been nice to me in her emails. I realize she’s busy, and in the world of instant gratitude and instantaneous responses from large companies, I was not expecting rapid response from her. Nor was I demanding anything of her.

I also realize that she’s in a different country living a much different lifestyle than I am. Having the bezel pop off the first time I wore it was definitely disappointing, and I’ve read over and over the thread on this issue with clean factory Pepsi’s. So much so I ordered a new hytrel ring, a new spring, cleaned all the grease out, and can’t get this thing fixed. It’s now in the hands of someone who hopefully can fix it.

This is a feedback forum for trusted dealers. I was just letting everyone know my experience, as a feedback forum should be used for. That does not “show
My ignorance of what buying a rep is”.