• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BLS Superocean 42mm R/G

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
Hello! Not seen anyone getting this rose gold model from BLS so figured I'd share some images. What you guys think? I think it looks quite nice with the index alignment and the dial, I know some people here are not happy with the BLS models but to me this is fine!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Nice model indeed, and BLS seem to do a pretty good job with it. As usual some wrong can be found from a serie to another, each has to make his own mind regarding what can or can't be accepted.
Now, as such post can't be turned into a QC check, the pics are removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: neon_7

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
Nice model indeed, and BLS seem to do a pretty good job with it. As usual some wrong can be found from a serie to another, each has to make his own mind regarding what can or can't be accepted.
Now, as such post can't be turned into a QC check, the pics are removed.
Yeah sorry didnt want to turn it into a QC request hehe but figured some havent even seen the rep of this model before.

But yeah like you said they seem to have a done a great job on this. Will post some more images when I get it in my hands!

Reactions: mrsullivan

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I've already posted about this. These 42mm models from BLS are HORRIBLE. They are plagued with problems, many of which won't even show up in your QC photos. Most of them have seruously misaligned hour indices. I've seen them assembled with the wrong hands, scrathes on the SS hour indices and manufacturing defects in the white rehaut area under the crystal. Run! - don't walk away from these!

neon_7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/3/19
UK
I've already posted about this. These 42mm models from BLS are HORRIBLE. They are plagued with problems, many of which won't even show up in your QC photos. Most of them have seruously misaligned hour indices. I've seen them assembled with the wrong hands, scrathes on the SS hour indices and manufacturing defects in the white rehaut area under the crystal. Run! - don't walk away from these!

I have a different experience from you on these. I have this in rose gold and yellow and both are great, like OP. Perhaps a bad batch in your instance.

Reactions: Kravava

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
Dont know about the interior but i've seen some visually great looing BLS models, but yeah also a lot of really bad ones. Hit and miss seems like.

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
I have a different experience from you on these. I have this in rose gold and yellow and both are great, like OP. Perhaps a bad batch in your instance.
Oh you have the rose gold? Would love to see a image of it, only seen QC photos ever of it hehe.

Reactions: neon_7

neon_7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/3/19
UK
I’m currently in the process of getting the crystal on it changed. Once I have it back I will show you :)

Kravava

Horology Curious
26/11/22
Just got mine from Jtime. Looks amazing irl, AR is very very close to my gen Navitimer.

Lume pip don't align perfect though and hands got some small marks but other than that its really damn good. 8/10 from BLS

nofitstate

20/7/13
Just got mine from Jtime. Looks amazing irl, AR is very very close to my gen Navitimer.

Lume pip don't align perfect though and hands got some small marks but other than that its really damn good. 8/10 from BLS
Nice! I've just picked up a BLS Tiffany blue 44 and it's actually a pretty well put together watch for the price. Like yours though the bezel is just slightly off, I'm wondering how the insert is fixed to the bezel? Is it friction fit or more likely adhesive fit? I might try heating it up a bit to see if it is adhesive, then it will possible to slightly twist the bezel insert into position while the adhesive is soft.