• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain x Swatch - another cheap as chips review?

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
Quick review of one from watches 77

High beat quartz ok almost looks 21600 makes me want to try and find an automatic that would fit (sounds like one of those equally difficult and yet pointless tasks I seem to love doing)

Boxset quite incredible really all for £23 delivered

Overall worth it to test the waters before buying a gen in future

K9VJ3b.jpeg

K9VVyp.jpeg

K9VbEi.jpeg

K9V0rX.jpeg

K9cZmt.jpeg

K9cjP2.jpeg

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
I was tinkering getting the artic dial into a metal case mod with an automatic movement but it's gone to the back of the list now (smaller dial on swatch than the larger BP FF rep metal cases meant using a rehault and it didn't quite work) - but the ocean of storms would definitely be worth trying a few different metal cases! will keep an eye out for when they come out....

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
22mm it is, ordered 3 straps: one for my blue, one for my yellow, and one for the incoming black!

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
i am still looking for a proper metal case for this. anyone has a good one?
No feedback yet but this is in my basket ... thinking of an NH35 + this dial + new hands - if I could find a blacked out metal case that would be even better - the Seiko mod "55 fathoms" is the closest I can think of so far, would be brill if it had an automatic mech movement, though obviously all that would be retained would be the dial so perhaps a bit much for a simple case swap

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
That’s the problem
the whole point of the swatch metal mod is to get a cheap cost point. if the only thing you retain is the dial, it becomes too costly for the value

What I am looking for is a case where the original movement could fit as is. And also where the bezel insert has that bulbous look

Reactions: lost-cavalier