• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain x Swatch - another cheap as chips review?

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Fresh off the Omega x Swatch and Breitling Endurance plastic watches we have the Blancpain entry. I believe that pretty much all the Gate/Ali watches are the same no matter what you pay. They are all a rather smooth sweeping quartz movement labeled HJ 28. It's sweep is similar to a 2813. It looks a bit like an auto because they have a fake rotor in there. I found some rather buttery silicone straps on Ali for $4 that match perfectly. They actually look far better on the wrist than you would imagine.

Anyway, let's look at them. I got 4 @ $25 each. While the natos are serviceable the straps make a huge difference.

HEyKlJ.jpeg

HEyzJk.jpeg

HEyjkD.jpeg

H7BwPs.jpeg

HE6CTY.jpeg

Now looking at the back there is at least one misspelling.

HE6lD3.jpeg

Popping off the back you see the fake rotor and the quartz movement.

HE6pos.jpeg

Quite colorful, I have no idea whether they are close to the correct color but these and the omega x swatch are the only watches anyone has ever complemented me on (and I have a lot of nice watches).

You are probably going to get the same watch no matter who you buy it from or what price you pay so go low. My links, shipping on the bands is the same no matter how many.

Watches

Straps

Last edited:

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
Love the straps on this - just to note that my grey one looked different when disassembled - it had a "Sunon SP35" movement in it and the internal holder looked different https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/blanc-pain-x-swatch-metal-mod.10960515/

Wonder if due to model, version or different factory? Either way, have to agree and say the Moonswatch and this (alongside my Casio AE1200!) are the only ones that have ever been mentioned too :D

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Love the straps on this - just to note that my grey one looked different when disassembled - it had a "Sunon SP35" movement in it and the internal holder looked different https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/blanc-pain-x-swatch-metal-mod.10960515/

Wonder if due to model, version or different factory? Either way, have to agree and say the Moonswatch and this (alongside my Casio AE1200!) are the only ones that have ever been mentioned too :D
Might be a different run or maybe a different assembler. Cases and dials all look the same. Stuff changes all the time. A NH35 would probably fit in this but you would lose the color on the back unless there is a way to attach the rotor and it would be functional.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Might be a different run or maybe a different assembler. Cases and dials all look the same. Stuff changes all the time. A NH35 would probably fit in this but you would lose the color on the back unless there is a way to attach the rotor and it would be functional.
these look not bad, which colour is your favourite?

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
I can't get over how dark the bezel colour is though ha, it should be light grey... I really like the orange one.
I solve that problem by buying them all. I now have the last one.

Hb37Qc.jpeg

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
nice one, unfortunately the seller you linked won't ship to where I am based

I found this other seller in aliexpress. The reviews are bad, but it is the only seller I found. Might give it a go.

Last edited:

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
nice one, unfortunately the seller you linked won't ship to HK (where I am based).

I found this other seller in aliexpress. The reviews are bad, but it is the only seller I found. Might give it a go.
Sort of ironic that you are that close comparatively and they won't ship there.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Sort of ironic that you are that close comparatively and they won't ship there.
yes I know. I wanted to get the moonswatch you linked in dhgate too, but they won't ship.

Have you come across another seller I can possibly look into?

aleks hk

Horology Curious
22/1/24
Hah quite some irony... i bought a yellow one in Gen as an impulse purchase as I was getting bored of my Gen Omega being worn every day. Looking up the Gen BP then got me into the rep world (3 and counting) and now I discover I could have saved a few hundred bucks on the swatch too :LOL:

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Is there Lume on these bezels?

Water resistance? I would want to use one of these for Swimming

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
I’ve just ordered grey and orange from DH, asked for the newest versions if such things exist. Will provide photos on receipt

Reactions: Got20Mate