• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Reps - anyone out there got hold of a GSF model, or a custom build from TD Geek?

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Hey everyone!

First time poster here..

It seems the BPFF models are pretty hard to come by, really frustrating that they are not avaiable from ZF anymore - as it seems they did a pretty good gob at what is my favourite watch.

In potentially good news, Geektime has some models made by GSF, but I can't find any reference of GSF quality in general - let alone the BPFF models. Is there anyone out there who has seen any GSF watches first hand? If so - what is your views?

Additionally, Geektime also has a custom made BPFF available - it looks pretty good although the hands are darker than the gen model, and I'm worried that black hands on a black face might make it hard to tell the time! Anyone out there with first hand views of this model?

Thanks!

Nick

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hello mate.

First of all I must tell you that TD means "Trusted Dealer" - Eric (Geektime) has that Label on Reddit, but not here on RWI. So no RWI Staff supports when having issues within the buying process.
That beeing said, I can tell you that I had a GSF Oyster Pepetual 41 with a 2836 Movement, and the quality was really decent! Waterproof (lubed gaskets) from stock and I had some pleasure in my spain holidays even going to the see and diving some meters:)

Regarding the BPFF models I cant help you out with knowledge, sorry.

PS:
Stick to RWI TDs ;)

Reactions: Jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Hello mate.

First of all I must tell you that TD means "Trusted Dealer" - Eric (Geektime) has that Label on Reddit, but not here on RWI. So no RWI Staff supports when having issues within the buying process.
That beeing said, I can tell you that I had a GSF Oyster Pepetual 41 with a 2836 Movement, and the quality was really decent! Waterproof (lubed gaskets) from stock and I had some pleasure in my spain holidays even going to the see and diving some meters:)

Regarding the BPFF models I cant help you out with knowledge, sorry.

PS:
Stick to RWI TDs ;)
Thanks for the heads up! I have since realised that Jtime do the same 'custom made' variant, and so have ordered through Li instead of Geektime.

I will revert with some photos once I receive the watch.

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
The QC pictures are in, to my untrained eye the watch looks pretty clean.

My one area of doubt was the position of the '9', however, I think this may be just because the watch is being held at a slight angle.

Although now when I look at it again - it looks crooked. Ho hum, I guess it won't harm to ask to see if they can correct it...

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
@Jabbamonkey The watch is excellent!

Msu Go Green GIF by Michigan State Men's Basketball

Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by The Adventures of Pete & Pete

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
K99fHS.jpeg

In the original image, it's tilted 2 degrees to the right, somewhat distorting the perspective. The other photo has an odd lens perspective which makes the visual perception even worse. I rotated the best frontal shot, so that's it's more even. I think it looks absolutely fine...

Reactions: Jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Thanks everyone!

This is my first purchase, so this QC process seemed pretty high pressure.

I am pleased to say JTime is shipping the watch as is. ETA, whenever it gets here - I guess around 2 - 3 weeks...

umirza85

12/6/15
Thanks everyone!

This is my first purchase, so this QC process seemed pretty high pressure.

I am pleased to say JTime is shipping the watch as is. ETA, whenever it gets here - I guess around 2 - 3 weeks...

Do you know if this watch is still available from them, also what’s the difference between this and the regular ZF factory one (non “custom”)?

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Do you know if this watch is still available from them, also what’s the difference between this and the regular ZF factory one (non “custom”)?
I only bought one a few weeks ago, so I would expect it would be still available, if you contact Jtime I'm sure he will be happy to tell you if there is stock availability.

Re ZF, I'm not sure what the diferences are, but you can't really get hold of ZF BPFFs now anyway, unless you find one on the secondary market.