• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Reps - anyone out there got hold of a GSF model, or a custom build from TD Geek?

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Hey everyone!

First time poster here..

It seems the BPFF models are pretty hard to come by, really frustrating that they are not avaiable from ZF anymore - as it seems they did a pretty good gob at what is my favourite watch.

In potentially good news, Geektime has some models made by GSF, but I can't find any reference of GSF quality in general - let alone the BPFF models. Is there anyone out there who has seen any GSF watches first hand? If so - what is your views?

Additionally, Geektime also has a custom made BPFF available - it looks pretty good although the hands are darker than the gen model, and I'm worried that black hands on a black face might make it hard to tell the time! Anyone out there with first hand views of this model?

Thanks!

Nick

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hello mate.

First of all I must tell you that TD means "Trusted Dealer" - Eric (Geektime) has that Label on Reddit, but not here on RWI. So no RWI Staff supports when having issues within the buying process.
That beeing said, I can tell you that I had a GSF Oyster Pepetual 41 with a 2836 Movement, and the quality was really decent! Waterproof (lubed gaskets) from stock and I had some pleasure in my spain holidays even going to the see and diving some meters:)

Regarding the BPFF models I cant help you out with knowledge, sorry.

PS:
Stick to RWI TDs ;)

Reactions: Jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Hello mate.

First of all I must tell you that TD means "Trusted Dealer" - Eric (Geektime) has that Label on Reddit, but not here on RWI. So no RWI Staff supports when having issues within the buying process.
That beeing said, I can tell you that I had a GSF Oyster Pepetual 41 with a 2836 Movement, and the quality was really decent! Waterproof (lubed gaskets) from stock and I had some pleasure in my spain holidays even going to the see and diving some meters:)

Regarding the BPFF models I cant help you out with knowledge, sorry.

PS:
Stick to RWI TDs ;)
Thanks for the heads up! I have since realised that Jtime do the same 'custom made' variant, and so have ordered through Li instead of Geektime.

I will revert with some photos once I receive the watch.

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
The QC pictures are in, to my untrained eye the watch looks pretty clean.

My one area of doubt was the position of the '9', however, I think this may be just because the watch is being held at a slight angle.

Although now when I look at it again - it looks crooked. Ho hum, I guess it won't harm to ask to see if they can correct it...

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
@Jabbamonkey The watch is excellent!

Msu Go Green GIF by Michigan State Men's Basketball

Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by The Adventures of Pete & Pete

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
K99fHS.jpeg

In the original image, it's tilted 2 degrees to the right, somewhat distorting the perspective. The other photo has an odd lens perspective which makes the visual perception even worse. I rotated the best frontal shot, so that's it's more even. I think it looks absolutely fine...

Reactions: Jabbamonkey

Jabbamonkey

Horology Curious
23/3/24
Thanks everyone!

This is my first purchase, so this QC process seemed pretty high pressure.

I am pleased to say JTime is shipping the watch as is. ETA, whenever it gets here - I guess around 2 - 3 weeks...