• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms - Noob v1 vs ZF v1

Xsaf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/9/15
The screw on deployment clasp got broken on the first day of usage :) now just pin buckle...

Bigjaymofo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/5/17
Just received the ZF. Beautiful watch. Very hard to tell if the 2 in the 12 is aligned properly. It even looks off on the gen.
Pics as promised. Bezel is a little stiff and strap is short. Lume is OUTSTANDING! All and all an incredible rep.
IMG_20170707_182840_zps51iqheud.jpg

IMG_20170707_182932_zpsiwdxpgxb.jpg

IMG_20170707_183003_zps8zzd7kcy.jpg

IMG_0052_zpspya1cxfc.jpg

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
Pics as promised. Bezel is a little stiff and strap is short. Lume is OUTSTANDING! All and all an incredible rep.

You mentioned the 12 earlier in this thread.

If you look at the 12, the 2 looks like it's rotated a tad more counterclockwise than it should be. The top of the 2 looks closer to the 1, compared to the bottom.

Honestly, it's barely noticeable, and I'm not even sure if that's what I'm seeing. Unless someone IRL has a jewelers eyepiece, you should be fine!

Otherwise, awesome watch!

I just hope the blue looks as good!

Bigjaymofo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/5/17
You mentioned the 12 earlier in this thread.

If you look at the 12, the 2 looks like it's rotated a tad more counterclockwise than it should be. The top of the 2 looks closer to the 1, compared to the bottom.

Honestly, it's barely noticeable, and I'm not even sure if that's what I'm seeing. Unless someone IRL has a jewelers eyepiece, you should be fine!

Otherwise, awesome watch!

I just hope the blue looks as good!
I agree the 2 looks a little off but it's very hard to tell. Honestly every one I've seen it seems the 2 is a little off. Oh well, like you said unless you're looking through a jewellers eyepiece, it's all good.

ryuhell

Horology Curious
7/10/13
Fairly easy. Carefully pry it off with a knife similirar how you yould remove a submariner bezel.
I don't know if this is true for the noob.
I had to remove mine, because the ratchet spring was broken.
And also what type of grease did u use? Will the typical silicone grease works? Thanks in advance for your help[emoji1]

Sent from the RWI App

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
This ZF is the frigging tits. I don't know if I ever enjoyed a watch that much before if I'm honest.
Here are some quick pics for your amusement :)

dsc_0027.jpg
dsc_0020.jpg
dsc_0010.jpg
dsc_0013.jpg
dsc_0012.jpg

Looks very good! Gotta pull the trigger myself..

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
IMG_20170707_182840_zps51iqheud.jpg

IMG_20170707_182932_zpsiwdxpgxb.jpg

IMG_20170707_183003_zps8zzd7kcy.jpg

IMG_0052_zpspya1cxfc.jpg
What is your wrist size? I have got a small 16.5 cm wrist and i am considering pulling the trigger
The watch looks huge in photos

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
What is your wrist size? I have got a small 16.5 cm wrist and i am considering pulling the trigger
The watch looks huge in photos
It's large but sits well. I don't feel it feels anywhere near as large as a Pam or AP roo on the wrist. Feels more like a Rolex sub or IWC Portuguese in terms of size

D

d4m.test

I received mine from a fellow forum member. A ZF best rep I have ever owned. Excellent piece.
Wanted to make sure I would like it before pulling the trigger on a Gen.
Now I have this one to wear and bang into my desk and not want to slit my wrists if it were the Gen.

D

d4m.test

Gorgeous watch! I love the history of the BFF too. This rep has me salivating.

Phener9

5/4/13
Wrexham, Wales
The screw on deployment clasp got broken on the first day of usage :) now just pin buckle...
Thanks guys, the deployment on mine is stiff but is freeing up with use, but the clasp screw is the wrong diameter at M1 thread So I am going to order M1.2 screws off e-bay and try that.
I will update on this.

Xsaf

Banned
29/9/15
Thanks guys, the deployment on mine is stiff but is freeing up with use, but the clasp screw is the wrong diameter at M1 thread So I am going to order M1.2 screws off e-bay and try that.
I will update on this.

Would be great!

Xsaf

Banned
29/9/15
I will update on this.

Please update once possible :)