• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Dial Stainless Steel Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph 43mm

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Hi guys, as some may of already read in the link below, I received my Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono today from Trevor, and promised in that thread I would post some eye candy of the watch, and share with you my impressions of this timepiece..

For those who have yet to read it, here's the TD Review of my buying experience from Trevor. The watch came very well packaged, and 11 days from payment to wrist.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/first-purchase-from-137827

Onto the watch. This is the Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Automatic rep with sec@9, and fully functional chronograph. It's the plain black dial model, with black bezel, stainless steel bracelet, and see-thru case back.

I was already well informed on the flaws of this rep (thanks to the many of you who have shared their experiences with this model, and reviews of it), and I have to say, although knowing of them did not put me off my purchase at all, as I really loved the look of this rep. Kind of reminded me on an old Swatch I had many moons ago, but better :)

Upon receiving the watch, it had all its protective covering on, the bracelet, dial, bezel, and back case all were protected.

My first impressions of opening the package was wow, just wow, what a beautiful watch, it reaps of quality, weight solid feel, and certainly has prescence on the wrist. Talking of which, the bracelet needs a link removing as it wears a little loose for my liking, so if anyone would like to share on a good pin removal tool, that would be great.

In case you are unaware of the flaws/tells of this model Tag, they are as follows..

1. The letter G of the name TAG on the dial above the day/date window is missing it's pointy arrows that the gen has.
2. Blue screws in the movement are visible through the case back window. Gen are silver screws.
3. The rotor of the movement has the incorrect amount of bevels engraved, two or three less than gen.
4. The red paint used on the tips of the chronograph big hand, and the smaller hands of the 6&9 sub-dials are a darker red colour than gen, the gen is more of a bright blood red.

Given the above flaws/tells, as said earlier, these alone did not put me off buying this rep, its stunning in the flesh, and my photos below simpley don't do it justice.

The bracelet, and clasp are of great, solid quality, with a positive click fasten and unfasten of it's clasp. Good engravings.

Anyway, I have a bad habit of rambling on, especially about something I have passion for, and that is watches. Ok ok, I hear ya! Onto the eye candy. I tried to capture this watch as well as I could for you all, sorry about the smudges etc, enjoy, and thanks for reading/looking. ;)

SANY0318_zps9352294c.jpg

SANY0319_zps6fca3d6e.jpg

SANY0320_zpsc115ad7b.jpg

SANY0321_zps9985a420.jpg

SANY0322_zpsb4282bf6.jpg

SANY0323_zps4f95bae3.jpg

SANY0324_zps2ebf8497.jpg

SANY0325_zps004de22c.jpg

SANY0326_zps577e33e6.jpg

SANY0327_zps7d0946a2.jpg

SANY0328_zpsb04d5803.jpg

SANY0329_zps1edbdb8d.jpg

SANY0330_zpsdfea6d19.jpg

SANY0331_zpsdd3630a5.jpg

SANY0332_zpsf4a8b882.jpg

SANY0333_zps2107b607.jpg

SANY0334_zps93967b90.jpg

SANY0335_zps7d411443.jpg

SANY0336_zps6b4e21a5.jpg

SANY0337_zps7b193b77.jpg

SANY0338_zps5b5058ab.jpg

SANY0339_zps9a903801.jpg

SANY0340_zpscab045e8.jpg

risdian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/11
I have an earlier version that has a very blue tint. Hard to remove, I end up purchasing new crystal and then get AR ed properly. Yours seem has no AR so its better start for a proper AR.

Despite the lack of interest compared to PAM and Rolex. I think this is my all time favorite

Wear it with joy

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
This does have AR, but its colourless in the newer reps of this model. The older ones like you have do indeed have the too blue AR look.

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
I have both rep and gen for this model.

the main flaw is the black dial is not black enough. the gen is real black.

the gen has excellent AR. its blue-purple and its not flashy color.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I have both rep and gen for this model.

the main flaw is the black dial is not black enough. the gen is real black.

the gen has excellent AR. its blue-purple and its not flashy color.

I think I asked you in another thread to post photos of your gen next to your rep, but not seen you do this yet. Interested to seen them side by side.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
It's a stunning rep. And yes SSTEEL is right about the AR - it used to have blue tint in previous versions. Now it has great colourless AR.

But there is another flaw not mentioned before - the white rings are a bit thinner in the gen and look rather silver-white. You can see it when you put the rep and gen side by side.
But anyway - it's a great piece. I know it because I have one :)

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
who has the best rep of this watch? is there multiple versions?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
who has the best rep of this watch? is there multiple versions?
Nope, only one 7750 version of this, any of the dealers should be able to source it for you, send them a pic and ask.

Vinn

Horology Curious
17/3/13
SSTEEL thanks for posting this thread.
Been tempted to get this watch with the leather strap for a while but knew nothing about reps & who to buy it from until I stumbled upon this site and your review.
Finally bit the bullet and purchased it from Trevor today.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Congrats Vinn, and welcome to RWI, I hope you mentioned my name to Trevor ;)

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
This is the same as the one I got for my brother. Although you already knew that as I got your QC reject at first.

The badge missing the arrows on the G is nowhere near as noticeable as the macro shots.

I think with a screws swapped it is pretty hard to call someone out on.

These come with the correct datefont too. The date only ones don't.

Looks nice ssteel. Show some pics once you have swapped the screws. Or did you do that already?

I have some tips for doing it if you are going too.

Get 4 packs of the 5106 screws too. 3 isn't quite enough.

Enjoy it buddy.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Agree, the badge is unnoticeable at arms length. I have not replaced the screws just yet as I'm waiting on gen parts final order availability to come through.

Noted on the 4 pack ;)

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Well, I have got the franken bug big time for this great watch. So far I have ordered the following gen parts for this Tag Heuer.

Gen new bracelet (paid)

Deposit paid for the following..

Gen Dial
Gen complete hand set
Gen crown
Gen pushers
Gen rotor with correct Geneva stripes.

Ordered from Cousins..

Silver replacement screws.

Future plans once all parts here is to even replace the movement for the Gen decorated ETA 7750 too.

I must be mad, but why the hell not, should be fun :D

risdian

19/3/11
Wow steel, seems you're on a roll... Well done mate.

Did you find these parts in their online catalog or did you request them specifically? Since I havent found in their website, or just that I don't where to look... I am interested in the gen dial... How much that would cost me?

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Wow steel, seems you're on a roll... Well done mate.

Did you find these parts in their online catalog or did you request them specifically? Since I havent found in their website, or just that I don't where to look... I am interested in the gen dial... How much that would cost me?

They are very difficult to come by and you will be looking $350 - 450 USD for a used one.

Not cheap at all. If you go for a dial you really should do what SSTEEL has and do almost everything. Will be one hell of a watch though.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Indeed, not cheap, but will still work out cheaper that a gen, but this is way more fund to do, its all part of the hobby :)

risdian

19/3/11
Actually the bracelet is very nice gen-like. I have a gen owned by a friend to compare. Only the SEL that is really not correct. The shiny part on SEL shouldbe the same as on the links i.e. like an individual piece. On the rep shiny part on SEL is round/tubular instead of flat.