• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Maybe...maybe we just direct everyone who wants mob-review of their QC pics to a new forum...maybe RWQC...and then none of us (i.e. with enough sense not to do what were seeing here) join that forum...and then maybe....maybe someone lets the TDs know about THAT forum so it makes their lives easier to mass-blacklist the "idiosyncratic customers"

Just a thought....

Reactions: Automotiveromance

Astajic

Known Member
23/8/18
Hi,
Just received my bb58 from Tim aka fat panda.
Very happy and very smooth transaction as usual. Highly recommended.
Please see pictures of my new baby.

XqqnpTb.jpg

nvDmXTj.jpg

3ejRT30.jpg

lWhjE4I.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoons

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Hi,
Just received my bb58 from Tim aka fat panda.
Very happy and very smooth transaction as usual. Highly recommended.
Please see pictures of my new baby.

XqqnpTb.jpg

nvDmXTj.jpg

3ejRT30.jpg

lWhjE4I.jpg

Looks great. Imgur links won't work on RWI. You can use another image hosting site like pixelsbin or picr. I use pixelsbin because it seems to have less issues than picr.

NOTE: these are Astajic's photos that I uploaded to pixelsbin so that they would show up on the forum.

XqqnpTb6f33361355357a64.jpg

3ejRT30cf59b20e2422410d.jpg

lWhjE4Ib3adde866bc74ba4.jpg

nvDmXTj8cdcf31239a6326e.jpg

gpXAV

gpTJP

gp9Ky

gpiB2

Last edited:

Astajic

Known Member
23/8/18
Ok thanks but using imgur app and RWI looks good on my side. You didn’t see my pictures?
But thanks for the advise.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Last edited:

Steve1982

Horology Curious
8/8/19
The crown is clearly unscrewed in that last picture...

xj4sonx This is really turning into a shitshow with people nitpicking over the tiniest details in QC pics. Not why QC pics are allowed in this thread (approved QC pics mind you). Maybe time to stop allowing unapproved QC pics being posted to obsess over.

Seems a bit unfair, I had a legitimate concern and wanted a second opinion from people who owned one.

Anyway, the dealer got back to me and said that the crown wasn't unscrewed and that they've looked in the office and they are all like that. Not sure what to do now as the crown is definitely longer than other ones I've seen and I think, for me at least, it would bug me.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Seems a bit unfair, I had a legitimate concern and wanted a second opinion from people who owned one.

Anyway, the dealer got back to me and said that the crown wasn't unscrewed and that they've looked in the office and they are all like that. Not sure what to do now as the crown is definitely longer than other ones I've seen and I think, for me at least, it would bug me.

Your concern was understandable and it proved to be an actual issue.

What TD is this? I wouldn't feel happy paying for a V1 when a V2 has been out for months either.

Steve1982

Horology Curious
8/8/19
Your concern was understandable and it proved to be an actual issue.

What TD is this? I wouldn't feel happy paying for a V1 when a V2 has been out for months either.

It's from Puretime.

They advised they will contact the manufacturer and check if there's an updated version!

However, I've sent them a review of the watch from their own website confirming that they were selling the v2.

I'll just have to wait and hear back now.

Michu

Horology Curious
27/6/19
I'm no expert but since it's advertised in their own website, they should be familiar with the differences between a v1 and a v2. What happens if they only have v1s, would they offer you a refund?

Steve1982

Horology Curious
8/8/19
They've just emailed to say that they were sent v1s as the manufacturer didn't have any v2s.

They said they'll check how long it will be until they get the new version back in.

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
I have a Tudor BB58 V2 with an Asian 2824-2 movement. I know the sound of a normal rotor spinning and I have other Asian 2824-2 watches. With the other watches there is normal faint rotor noise, and every once in a while a small "tick" noise when the rotor spins, all normal as far as I know for an Asian 2824-2. Now with my Tudor, I have all these noises plus sometimes there is this grinding/winding/zip noise that is pretty audible. Does anyone know what this could be and how to fix it? Is there a sort of process of elimination I could go through to diagnose this or rule some things out?

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
So after a breaking in period, does anyone now have greenish lume persisting only on the hands in low light? I bought a "v2" and in the morning the hands look white but by late afternoon they're seeming green whereas the markers seem white. Btw, during qc hands seemed more white than markers.

Last edited:

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
So after a breaking in period, does anyone now have greenish lume persisting only on the hands in low light? I bought a "v2" and in the morning the hands look white but by late afternoon they're seeming green whereas the markers seem white. Btw, during qc hands seemed more white than markers.

:hypno: we need pics!

desectro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/15
Yup indeed in the morning the hour and minute hands appear whiter. But as u use it throughout the day it will seems the hour markers and hands lume are matching.. Probably slight greener on the hour and minute hands (seems brighter lume). Certain shades it looks cream and gen like. Which is a plus point imo..

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk