• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
I'm holding back from buying the BB58 in blue in hopes that XF or ZF will bring out a better version that corrects the problems with the current one (which is several years old now).

Reactions: EM9

fra44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/23
I'm holding back from buying the BB58 in blue in hopes that XF or ZF will bring out a better version that corrects the problems with the current one (which is several years old now).
Isn't the blue version more accurate than the black one?

juhahenrik

Horology Curious
16/1/24
Finland
I don't understand why ZF didn't pay attention to dial. It's the same problem with BB58 and Pelagos. In both replicas the dial looks "dull" and is lacking texture.

If you compare these ZF Tudor replicas to ZF Omega Seamaster replicas, there is a major difference in quality. ZF Seamaster is almost identical to GEN https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...e-comparison-of-gen-vs-or-zf-and-ag.10919763/
I feel like it really comes down to competition between factories. VSF made a good rep of Seamaster and sold a lot of them, then ZF decided to join the game. When it comes to BB58 there is no competition sadly.

ZF BB Red Shield has the same issue with dial printing and texture. I guess these are good reps but not "Super replicas" like VSF and ZF Seamasters. This watch is most likely VSF version of Seamaster. Look at the attention to detail

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Curiously, I'm less bothered by my BB58's dial texture than by the hands finishing, which look flat imo (in the version that I have, at least).

Reactions: juhahenrik

juhahenrik

Horology Curious
16/1/24
Finland
Curiously, I'm less bothered by my BB58's dial texture than by the hands finishing, which look flat imo (in the version that I have, at least).
I mean it would be really difficult to tell ZF BB58 is fake unless someone has a gen and compares them side by side. However, ZF Seamaster would be super difficult to tell even side by side with gen.

I'm on a fence between ZF BB58 and Pelagos :unsure:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I mean it would be really difficult to tell ZF BB58 is fake unless someone has a gen and compares them side by side. However, ZF Seamaster would be super difficult to tell even side by side with gen.

I'm on a fence between ZF BB58 and Pelagos :unsure:
Got both ZF BB58 and XF Pelagos. I'd go for the Pelagos.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.
Is there any new improved release for the blue dialed BB 58?

As far as I read the ZF BB 58 comes with an inaccurate blue tone and the Swiss Made wording is often not 100% visible (dial switched downward), milky crystal gasket.

It's the only diver watch that sings to me at the moment.
Thanks!