• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bitcoin payment with InTime

j_mark

Horology Curious
21/2/22
I have been a repeat customer of InTime over the years, and in the past couple months I purchased a few more watches but encountered an unusual practice when paying by Bitcoin.

As we all know, Bitcoin transfers are not instantaneous and take a little time to complete. As a result, Bitcoin price can fluctuate slightly while the transfer is being completed.

Whenever the price of Bitcoin goes slightly UP during the transfer, InTime has never offered to refund me the difference in price when I paid too much. However when the price of Bitcoin goes slightly DOWN during the transfer, InTime is trying to extract the difference in price because I paid the equivalent of a few dollars too low.

As usual, I always provide a screenshot of my Bitcoin transfer and the exact dollar amount at the time of the transaction. For my latest purchase, the dollar amount actually exceeded the price of the watch because I always like to round up. However, InTime is now trying to extract more Bitcoin from me even though I provided the screenshot of my payment for the dollar amount that exceeded the price of the watch. And again, they never offered a refund to me when the price of Bitcoin goes up when I essentially overpaid for my watch.

I politely responded to InTime and asked them to stop this type of practice, or to simply cancel my order and refund my entire Bitcoin payment.

Has anyone else on this forum experienced the same behavior from InTime or any other dealer? Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sinclair221

Horology Curious
16/8/23
I have been a repeat customer of InTime over the years, and in the past couple months I purchased a few more watches but encountered an unusual practice when paying by Bitcoin.

As we all know, Bitcoin transfers are not instantaneous and take a little time to complete. As a result, Bitcoin price can fluctuate slightly while the transfer is being completed.

Whenever the price of Bitcoin goes slightly UP during the transfer, InTime has never offered to refund me the difference in price when I paid too much. However when the price of Bitcoin goes slightly DOWN during the transfer, InTime is trying to extract the difference in price because I paid the equivalent of a few dollars too low.

As usual, I always provide a screenshot of my Bitcoin transfer and the exact dollar amount at the time of the transaction. For my latest purchase, the dollar amount actually exceeded the price of the watch because I always like to round up. However, InTime is now trying to extract more Bitcoin from me even though I provided the screenshot of my payment for the dollar amount that exceeded the price of the watch. And again, they never offered a refund to me when the price of Bitcoin goes up when I essentially overpaid for my watch.

I politely responded to InTime and asked them to stop this type of practice, or to simply cancel my order and refund my entire Bitcoin payment.

Has anyone else on this forum experienced the same behavior from InTime or any other dealer? Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I had sent him the amount of the clock and this had probably arrived at Intime but he was missing 19$ because the rate fluctuated. Where he had written me that I had checked the bitcoin rate and he had even 11$ too much. Up to now to it nix more heard. I had sent him 19$ anyway so that I go dispute and trouble out of the way.

Therec1961

Looking Around
5/1/24

Has anyone else on this forum experienced the same behavior from InTime or any other dealer? Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! But still, I do not stop introducing crypto into my main business. Just recently I made it possible to pay for services in various currencies in crypto. After this innovation, for a long time I did not know how to attract clients to this particular type of payment. After reading the article https://en.cryptoprocessing.com/a-merchant-s-guide-to-onboarding-users-to-crypto everything changed, as I learned a lot of useful advice for myself from here.
InTime's experience with Bitcoin price fluctuations is troubling. It is unfair and unethical for a merchant to benefit from price fluctuations caused by the time it takes to complete a Bitcoin transfer, while not offering any compensation to customers if the price rises.

The fact that InTime has never offered to refund you the difference in price when the price of Bitcoin rises suggests that they deliberately take advantage of price fluctuations to get more money from their customers. This is a predatory practice that cannot be tolerated.

I encourage you to continue to resist InTime's attempts to extract more money from you. You provided proof of payment, and the fact that the dollar amount exceeds the price of the watch should be enough to resolve the issue. If they refuse to accept your payment, you should consider canceling the order and requesting a full refund.

I also encourage you to share your experience with other InTime clients on forums and social media. The more people become aware of this practice, the more likely InTime will change its behavior.

It is important to hold companies accountable for their actions, especially when it comes to unethical business practices. By speaking out against InTime's behavior, you can help ensure that other customers do not fall victim to their predatory practices.