• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Birthday thoughts

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
As I sit here looking out over beautiful Shuswap Lake in British Columbia several thoughts are floating around with the smoke from today’s cigar.

It's my birthday today. And every year, no mater what or why, I take an hour to myself (a very rare occurrence) and smoke one of 2 cigars from my many trips to Cuba. Today is a Montecristo #2. Maybe the best all around cigar blend of all time. The other box I have reserved for birthday only consumption is the Cohiba Robusto.

I take this time as a reflection of the year past kind of like thanksgiving. This year I thought it a good idea to bring the laptop out with me and share it with you. Yours is the only forum I frequent and I think...just now... that vip membership will soon be paid.

This past year I have had the good fortune of a new baby boy and financial good fortune among other things. I have a beautiful loving wife and family I love dearly. New watches from Trevor and Hont are somewhere in the mail and I am sitting on a quiet deck overlooking a gorgeous lake listening to pheasants calling. I can hear geese over the low dense clouds heading south for warmer weather.

It may be 15degC (about 65 yanks ;) ) and raining but as you rep lovers know... perfection is unattainable.

Love what you have. Put on that old rep you never wear anymore. Tell your kids you love them. And most importantly take some time for yourself. The next 45 minutes are my own.

21cdvr6.jpg

2vb2d1e.jpg

2njeply.jpg

w9uphx.jpg

yes thats a rice crispy cake. The best things in life are the simple things......

Until next year........

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Great post Frig! ..and Happy Birthday! I really enjoyed reading that.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
What a great reflection and wise advice. Happy belated birthday and have a great year!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Just saw this too, so a belated Happy Birthday to you too.

Great post, and one that made me genuinely smile. Thanks for that, and good to meet you.