• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Birthday Thought 2011

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Check out my thoughts from last year. *http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/birthday-thoughts-59771

While tomorrow is actually my birthday, my wife has given me the day off today to celebrate. No kids, no nothing. It is my 30th. Some sort of life landmark I do not understand. What I do understand is I am holding a 1999 Cohiba Robusto.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Since I have had this cigar in my humidor for over a decade, I figured this was the time to smoke it. So far......why did I wait! Creamy leather. Creamy creamy leather. I am in nirvana right now.

Since last year my little baby boy is now walking around smashing things. My not so little baby boy has started kindergarden...thank God. Job is the same and so is my salary. Damn economy. I know I am blessed so that wasn't a complaint. Many have so little or have lost so much this year. The family and I have moved into a bigger house. My wife loves it and frankly so do I. It's been a while since the house I lived in has felt like a home.

For my day off, I woke up early and started many hours in front of the*
Iight box for the RWI calendar. Then made myself a 8 shot decaf Americano and came out to the deck for a little me time.

The burn on this cigar unreal......

As the wind swirls around the field of grass past my fence I am reminded of how lucky we all are. The fact that we (most of us here) can live in a free country and have access to what we do in a war free area is something to truly reflect on.

Just like last year one parting though that hasn't and likely will not change. Love what you already have. Tell your kids you love them. Tell your wife you love her. And take some time for yourself. The money can wait, your family can't.

Rumor has it my wife is picking up an ice cream cake. Niiiice.;)

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
You do sound blessed, and more importantly, you recognize it. So many don't. And those that don't are the saddest of all, so I'm glad you're in the category you are.

Enjoy your cigar and congratulations on reaching the milestone! (that is, the birthday, not the cigar)

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Happy B-day and what a perfect way to celebrate!!! A Siglo VI, one of my favorites.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Happy birthday to a top-notch guy. Enjoy it my friend, you deserve it!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk