• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Big ARF SD43 Thread, Pics, discussion ,Flaws, Wristshots

Bigred7078

4/12/16
your guys version of "instant tell" is so strange....

Not many people have this Gen, how many people are really going to look at the watch on your wrist and see the small issues of DW, pearl or 1/10 mm marker misalignment? Those things are not instant tells. On this watch, the ONLY instant tell is the bezel teeth...

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
It’s not possible to upload any pictures for me.
here you see the bigesr Flaws:
https://m.imgur.com/a/S6wun

Your marker is just QC. You should have rejected that one. Its the same with any watch - QC issues exist. Its NOT a flaw.

Nothing wrong with the pearl. Your zooming 100x - LOL. Go look at a gen Rolex at even 20 x zoom and you will find QC issues/slight misalignments. This is a $450 watch. If you want perfection you wont find it even on a $50k gen.

Reactions: timnic54

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
Mine is beautiful. Once I get around to modding the bezel action, it will be unstoppable. It's gorgeous and built like a tank. Also, my crystal looks great in all light (cool to warm and even natural)

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I'm so happy for members who get their hands on a good sample. But I wasn't so fortunate. I was focused only on SELs and proper date fonts and i didn't notice other issues. So I got a lovely stain on a tilted triangle marker on a dusty dial, a misaligned pearl and a misprinted datewheel. And it's very obvious on the wrist, even more than in pics.

Swerepguy

12/2/18
I'm so happy for members who get their hands on a good sample. But I wasn't so fortunate. I was focused only on SELs and proper date fonts and i didn't notice other issues. So I got a lovely stain on a tilted triangle marker on a dusty dial, a misaligned pearl and a misprinted datewheel. And it's very obvious on the wrist, even more than in pics.
20180204_112027.jpg

20180204_112118.jpg

20180203_121837_001.jpg

ONLY thing that suck on your watch is the low dw.
Clean the dial and u good to go. Triangle and pearl is not even notable on the wrist.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Oh it is obvious, once you see it it's always there, staring at you..And the datewheel can't be fixed, it's misprinted. Numbers from 19 to 31 are perfectly aligned, while others are sitting low and to the right. Just something to look for in QC, ask for pics of dates 8, 18 and 28 with the crown screwed in.

Swerepguy

12/2/18
Oh it is obvious, once you see it it's always there, staring at you..And the datewheel can't be fixed, it's misprinted. Numbers from 19 to 31 are perfectly aligned, while others are sitting low and to the right. Just something to look for in QC, ask for pics of dates 8, 18 and 28 with the crown screwed in.

I will check that when its time for me to place an order. Thank you!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Why? Any problem with it? Consider Datejust ARF with 3135 mov. Is it really bad idea?

Thanks!

Its wrong for a variety of reasons.

First of all, there are people who think eta clone = wrong crown height and the hands turn the wrong way when you set the time. In the instance of this Sea Dweller, thats crap - the a2824 is the same size as the 3235 in the real thing so there are no issues with the crown height. Not only that, but the new Rolex callibre has the same hand direction when changing time as the eta clone.

Not only is the eta clone much more reliable and easy to service / fix than the 3135 clone - which is crap - but you can also swap it for a real eta.

There is NO reason to wish for a 3135 clone in this watch.

Last edited:

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
Some of you guys are so pedantic:laugh: This is a great rep. Don’t confuse qc issues w a flaw. If you don’t catch a misaligned pearl on your qc that’s your fault.
The “misaligned” pearls aren’t even bad on these - you should have seen the misaligned pearls on the early subc reps!:lolcina:

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
No Flaws????
look at your pearl!

Wait a minute - you were they guy on the temp forum who posted that macro shot of the pearl magnified to 3x the size of the entire watch, complaining that the pearl was less than 1/20th of a MM out of position?

I'll say it again: less than 1/20th of a MM out of position. - that's just a silly complaint.

to be honest the only real problem I see is the date wheel.

Reactions: salsadux1a