• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best watch repair/mod service in Canada

Maxx496

Life's too short for bs
21/3/24
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with Victor Chow.
I sent him a brand new Arf Explorer for waterproofing and servicing since its recommended.
when I received the watch back today, it had several scratches on it and a major one on the bezel. keep in mind I didn't even wear the watch I shipped it directly to him upon receiving from puretime.
I sent him a text to tell him I received the watch back and told him it was damaged. he hasn't responded yet.
hopefully this issue gets resolved. Its kind of his word word against mine. I already paid for also for his services.
Problem is Victor is not on this forum to defend himself which means Victor could look bad now any many eyes

Maxx496

Life's too short for bs
21/3/24
Yasir is traveling around in India currently. Maybe that's why you aren't able to reach him! He's good. I used him until I found @dogwood who lives a lot closer to me and does a very good job as well!
Hello where is dogwood located
I'm in Ontario Toronto. Do you have his contact Info you can PM me

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Hey Dogwood are you in Ontario?
I’m in Vancouver BC.

I’m also not an Official / Trusted Vendor here. I’m just a retired engineer who has taken up watchmaking in my spare time as a hobby.

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I’m in Vancouver BC.

I’m also not an Official / Trusted Vendor here. I’m just a retired engineer who has taken up watchmaking in my spare time as a hobby.
best in Canada hands down

Reactions: dogwood

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
I have a watch in with Victor currently. Will report back to class with results. FWIW I've used him a half dozen times and he's been great. Actually beyond great. He actually picked up a watch for repair at my home on the other end of town (just happened to be in the area).

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
Just to follow up, my watch with Victor was a Tudor FXD that had the crown/stem pull out when i went to set the time. I decided since it's a midbeat movement and it's going to have to be opened, why not swap in a high-beat. So I sourced a 9015 and Victor installed. He sent me the pix ::

He's shipping it later today or tomorrow so I'll have it early next week. But he said it was an easy swap, no issues and he removed the datewheel from the 9015 and changed the keyless so it's only one click out. So far, so good.