• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Place To Buy?

floridajohn

Horology Curious
23/6/12
The more and more I see the Oris the more I want one. Does anyone know the best place to buy a Rep?

Thank You In Advance.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
:thinking: Oris, good question. I'd check Pure Time and Timeshops websites for that one and also send a pic of what you want to MarvellousrReplica to ask if he can source one.

floridajohn

Horology Curious
23/6/12
:thinking: Oris, good question. I'd check Pure Time and Timeshops websites for that one and also send a pic of what you want to MarvellousrReplica to ask if he can source one.

Thanks! Puretime had a limited selection. Not sure which one I want yet?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Pay no attention to the dealers' web sites. They have absolutely no relevance to what the dealer has or can get.
Always find pics of what you want (either gen pics or pics from another dealer) and send to 2 or 3 of your chosen dealers and see if they can get it and what it will cost.
State up front that you want QC pics for approval prior to shipping.
Don't pay extra for "Swiss" anything.
Don't buy the cheapest model available.
Buy the dealer - not the watch.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ubercai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/12
Don't pay extra for "Swiss" anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been lurking on the forum for a while and have been looking around all TD's websites. What do you mean by this? You mean not even buy the watches with swiss movements?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Very few dealers can tell if what the wholesalers have sent actually is a Swiss MVT and even if it is quite often you will get a refurbished MVT rather than new. It's best (IMHO) to get the Asian ETA clone which is a lot cheaper and a great MVT.

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
try Mary @ watch international

I confirmed with her recently that she was able to source the Pro Diver with bracelet and/or rubber strap - approx $150

she is not a TD on RWI but is on RWG