• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Payment method for PureTime?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Very pertinent thread, I am trying to make my first purchase with puretime. Being a new customer to puretime I cannot ask for PP (other TD, I have used PP). So will try out bitcoin. As soon as puretime confirms that the new Noob YM black bezel white dial is in stock.

I agree with other members when they say bitcoin is speculative, but I agree with the counter argument of buying just enough bitcoins for the transaction. I have never ever transacted in bitcoin, so will have to investigate.

My question to puretime is: a credit card transaction looks as susceptible to charge back as PP. Why prefer the former to the latter?

1. There are credit card processors built for high risk business like replicas, gambling, pharmacy, etc. You are not allowed to use PayPal for such business and once PayPal finds out, you are banned.

2. The credit card processors share a big black list database and if someone charged back on Dealer A without a proper reason, and one will not be able to use credit cards on Dealer B since the payment processor blacked listed the person. When someone pays Dealer A by PayPal and disputed and Dealer B wont know and the person may also hurt Dealer B's PayPal.

Actually it is not we prefer not to use PayPal but we are not allowed to use PayPal, I love PayPal but too sad PayPal doesnt love me :)

Did you PM or email us for the stock check?

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
1. There are credit card processors built for high risk business like replicas, gambling, pharmacy, etc. You are not allowed to use PayPal for such business and once PayPal finds out, you are banned.

2. The credit card processors share a big black list database and if someone charged back on Dealer A without a proper reason, and one will not be able to use credit cards on Dealer B since the payment processor blacked listed the person. When someone pays Dealer A by PayPal and disputed and Dealer B wont know and the person may also hurt Dealer B's PayPal.

Actually it is not we prefer not to use PayPal but we are not allowed to use PayPal, I love PayPal but too sad PayPal doesnt love me :)

Did you PM or email us for the stock check?

Ah, this clarifies my question.
I have sent email to [email protected] yesterday and they notified me already that their team will get back to me shortly.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
ok, great, i am sure they will reply to you soon. do let me know if you need more assistance :D

Yep, thanks. They replied a short while ago. The new Noob Daytona (white dial, black bezel) is out of stock. They advised me to order it anyways, as I will get in the waitlist that way.

I plan to try out bitcoin. Would you have a dummy's guide to purchasing via bitcoin? :)

This is what I expect I should do:

(1) Open a coinbase account
(2) Buy $585 worth of bitcoin there
(3) Somehow transfer that to you asap (so BC value fluctuation is minimized) -but- how??

Next Q: lets say waiting period gets to be too long, say 2 months. After a month of waiting, I get tired of waiting and ask for refund. I am expecting you refund the same $$ amount (irrespective of bitcoin price at that time). Are there premiums attached to BC purchase/sale? How much lesser than $585 can I expect as refund?

Thanks!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Yep, thanks. They replied a short while ago. The new Noob Daytona (white dial, black bezel) is out of stock. They advised me to order it anyways, as I will get in the waitlist that way.

I plan to try out bitcoin. Would you have a dummy's guide to purchasing via bitcoin? :)

This is what I expect I should do:

(1) Open a coinbase account
(2) Buy $585 worth of bitcoin there
(3) Somehow transfer that to you asap (so BC value fluctuation is minimized) -but- how??

Next Q: lets say waiting period gets to be too long, say 2 months. After a month of waiting, I get tired of waiting and ask for refund. I am expecting you refund the same $$ amount (irrespective of bitcoin price at that time). Are there premiums attached to BC purchase/sale? How much lesser than $585 can I expect as refund?

Thanks!

Since it is a fast selling watch and yeah it is recommended to order it anyways or you will never get it since we would arrange to those who have paid first and the remaining for the new orders, if you only order after the watch is back in stock and you are not fast enough, it will go out of stock again very soon. And the stock turn around would not be long so you have no worries about waiting too long.

There are a lot of ways to buy Bitcoins, coinbase is a way, I have made a video a year ago but I am not sure if the entire procedure is still the same, could be slightly different tho:
https://puretime.io/news/wumgsuspend/

And regarding Bitcoin refund, please refer to this page:
https://puretime.io/customer-service/#faq

It is the nature of Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies that all transactions are final with no method of chargeback or recourse for the sender of the funds. As such we are unable to reverse or provide refunds for any payment made through our payment system. If your purchased items are out of stock or we cannot deliver in time, we will gladly refund them to you. Simply contact our billing department and send us the transaction ID, verification code, and refund address. Refunds will be either (at our discretion):
  1. the original amount of coins received, or
  2. an amount equivalent to the USD value at the time of the transaction.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
puretime I tried to order by CC. The orders were 10139943 and 44 (both were blocked by my CC). Orders were for $643. When I called the CC to approve, they told me your attempted charge was $697.21 -- I told CC to hold on to their refusal.

You have a disclaimer stating to the effect "actual charges will be slightly different", but a 8.5% surcharge?

You are very clear in your disclaimer on bitcoin refund, i.e. you will refund the lower value of $ amount or # coins. Wouldnt it be appropriate if you mention, "up to 10% surcharge incurred for CC transactions"?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime I tried to order by CC. The orders were 10139943 and 44 (both were blocked by my CC). Orders were for $643. When I called the CC to approve, they told me your attempted charge was $697.21 -- I told CC to hold on to their refusal.

You have a disclaimer stating to the effect "actual charges will be slightly different", but a 8.5% surcharge?

You are very clear in your disclaimer on bitcoin refund, i.e. you will refund the lower value of $ amount or # coins. Wouldnt it be appropriate if you mention, "up to 10% surcharge incurred for CC transactions"?

We did not request for the money, I can show you how much money I actually got from any orders, the orders are charged by CNY instead of USD and there are some foreign exchange charges, honestly I do not know how it is worked but if your order is US$643 and I only got US$643 (equivalent value in CNY), if there is a surcharge, it goes to the banks, not us.

Do you need any assistance in paying by Bitcoins? Please PM me if you do, sorry about this and thank you for your understanding.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Thanks. The charge which my CC quoted is what they saw, and I can understand the hefty fees - somebody's insurance premium in the middle of this risky business.

I am having trouble opening coinbase account. Those fellas have an infrastructure which is worse than a state owned bank in a third world or a communist country. Will give it a few more days, and another last try.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks. The charge which my CC quoted is what they saw, and I can understand the hefty fees - somebody's insurance premium in the middle of this risky business.

I am having trouble opening coinbase account. Those fellas have an infrastructure which is worse than a state owned bank in a third world or a communist country. Will give it a few more days, and another last try.

OK, maybe coinbase is more difficult to register now.

Did you check localbitcoins? Is it the easiest way to buy bitcoins with your local people, you can even find people live near you and you can pay them cash face to face to buy Bitcoins, but they are more expensive tho.

Please let me know if you need any assistance, thank you.

SheikhRashid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/18
UAE
Bitcoin is the best method of payment.

Order your products on Puretime and select Bitcoin as your payment method.

Puretime will email you with a code (basically like an account number you need to send the money too).

Go to Coinbase. Enter some basic information. Buy the amount of Bitcoin Puretime requested. Transfer to the account number Puretime gave us.

Easy, quick and simple.

Reactions: machim

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Bitcoin is the best method of payment.

Order your products on Puretime and select Bitcoin as your payment method.

Puretime will email you with a code (basically like an account number you need to send the money too).

Go to Coinbase. Enter some basic information. Buy the amount of Bitcoin Puretime requested. Transfer to the account number Puretime gave us.

Easy, quick and simple.

Thanks for the tips, and hope coinbase is not giving us a hard time to buy BTCs lately :)

Reactions: Bennettwarren

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
Can i pay by debit card like buying something om ebay?

I recommend using your debit card to purchase Bitcoin through Coinbase and then paying for your PT order using Bitcoin. It will be cheaper and safer.

Petruse

Horology Curious
22/8/17
The process to register to coinbase is getting more difficult and they penalize you for an incorrect entry with 1 day waiting period for every action you take.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The process to register to coinbase is getting more difficult and they penalize you for an incorrect entry with 1 day waiting period for every action you take.

Yeah they are now the biggest cryptocurrency marketplace. Maybe you should go for some smaller ones? I think some members has suggested some here before. Or maybe you can google for some local market place near you?

speedalt

Horology Curious
4/8/18
Are credit card payments still down?

Also, when we choose to pay by bitcoin, are we being charged a fixed amount of bitcoin, or does the amount of bitcoin fluctuate?