• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Patrimony rep?

applechampagne

Horology Curious
24/12/20
I love the minimalistic design of the Vacheron Constantin Patrimony. But I'm having a hard time figuring the best rep as Overseas seem to be more popular. I've dug around both RWI and Reptime, but there's not much.

What's the best Patrimony rep (model & factory) considered closest to gen?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
VC does not get much love, let alone the patrimony

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
No idea what you are taking about. 69 Patrimony options on Trustytime.io alone. If you like the plain face ones then I can recommend the KZF ones. Very close to gen and 7mm thick. With date complication MKF ones are also superb with high quality deco cover movement and 9.5mm to match the gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meicmo84

GenuineFool

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
I suspect you might have to look at photos and specs to narrow it down if nobody who has done the research chimes in. I'm happy to help, as I've wondered myself, but could you provide some parameters to narrow it down? For instance, puretime has ~84 different Patrimony reps. Are you looking for a simple three hander? Date? If so, at 3 or 6 o'clock? B-retrograde day/date? What metal? Dial color? If you think about it and narrow it down, you could compare photos of the dials and overall dimensions to arrive at what you think is best, but it depends on your definition of "best" and what you are looking for.

If you don't have any preferences, then I'd say by eye the FKF Patrimony Date in stainless steel with Miyota 9015 is as close to the gen as you could get.
Rep:
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html

Gen:
https://www.vacheron-constantin.com...y/patrimony-self-winding-85180-000g-9230.html

Same width as gen (40 mm), slightly thicker (8.8 mm vs 8.55 mm), case, bezel, and lugs all look good. Font and cross look good, as do the markers and hands. Date window appears to be the same size and location. The only real differences I can see are the crown, which is slightly larger in the rep, and the rotor has the wrong color and engraving. However, the movement looks close enough, not that you could expect to find an identical clone on that side.

FWIW, there's also this rep, but the font is not as good, "Geneve" has an accent (gen does not), "Swiss Made" is too large, but this rep is still quite close and the rotor is much closer to the gen in color and engraving:
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html
The movement also does not look as good as the FKF rep. However, if you were ambitious, you could buy both and put the rotor from this one on the FKF rep.

If you went through every rep could you find a closer one? Maybe, but that's pretty damn close if you ask me. Again, if you have preferences for metal, functionality (3-hander vs. complications), etc. then you might look elsewhere.

Hope that helps.