• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best IWC Portuguese Rep

roccodibeniero

Horology Curious
28/1/17
Hi all

New to this forum and trying to research who in your opinion reps the best Portuguese. Just got a sub LV from TC and looking for a similar quality rep in the IWC world.

Thanks all - any advice appreciated.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Coupee36

Horology Curious
15/1/17
From my reading the past couple of months i've been lurking, it seems you can't go wrong with majority of the Portuguese, as many consider them Super Reps. I am pulling the trigger on a 371445 (Slim Movement) next week.

ever glow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/16
i'm a lurker too. you may want to read around. what i see is most guys here say noob laurieus ingenieur sport for good edition is awesome.

portuguese 5007 zf v4 is great too. theres an entire thread on this. iwc 3714 was bad till zf v3, where they fixed the secs@6 issue.(see thread by chris). i've got a 3714 myself and its my fav rep now.

havent read much about big pilots and mark series. so no comments there.

beith

Known Member
28/12/16
There aren't really any super reps in Portuguese range. Neither 3714 or 5007 are super reps.

beith

Known Member
28/12/16
There aren't really any super reps in Portuguese range. Neither 3714 or 5007 are super reps.

beith

Known Member
28/12/16
Thanks beith! What IWC range then has been successfully super repped?

Super rep is kind of a subjective term. What I think is a super rep may not be for others. To me super reps are PAM111 noob v4, TC/BK/Noob Sub v7, Cartier Santos etc.

Maybe have a look at this thread:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/not-worth-buying-in-gen.335763/page-44

^And even in that list, there's some I think that are some that aren't 'super reps'. But as I said, its completely subjective and I have high standards. How much difference from gen are you willing to live with in a rep - that's a super rep for you.

roccodibeniero

Horology Curious
28/1/17
Super rep is kind of a subjective term. What I think is a super rep may not be for others. To me super reps are PAM111 noob v4, TC/BK/Noob Sub v7, Cartier Santos etc.

Maybe have a look at this thread:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/not-worth-buying-in-gen.335763/page-44

^And even in that list, there's some I think that are some that aren't 'super reps'. But as I said, its completely subjective and I have high standards. How much difference from gen are you willing to live with in a rep - that's a super rep for you.

Thanks for your insight!

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
The newest slim movement 3714 are pretty good. I'm not sure what constitutes "super rep" but they are darn close.