• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best course you've played?

tflgee

1/9/09
So lets hear what the best courses you've played are and what is you favorite track. Here's a few of the better courses I've beat a ball around.

Pebble Beach
Spyglass
St. Andrews
Royal Lytham
Riviera
LA Country Club
Sherwood Country Club

Of those I think Sherwood was my favorite. That place was amazing. And the finishing hole is incredible.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I played ones during a business trip Pebble Beach.....

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Living in Scotland we are spoilt for choice. It's just a pity we can't have lovely weather all the time. My favourites so far are...

Loch Lomond
Turnberry
Gleneagles
Kingsbarns
Archerfield

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
There was this course in Miami once. Let me tell you they had one hell of a windmill on hole 7.

blaeux35

Horology Curious
22/11/09
two pretty memorable courses ive played are

Bears Best Las Vegas
Newport Dunes Port Aransas Texas

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I have not been lucky enough to have played Pebble or Cypress yet. I hope to someday.

This is what I found at Olympic Club.
OlympicClubClock.jpg

This is from Half Moon Bay.

One other that I don't have a picture of is Mayacama. Every hole there would be considered a "signature hole" on most courses.

RD

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Pebble Beach is the best course I have played. Pumpkin Ridge - Ghost Creek is another very good course I have played. I have been at the gates of Augusta National (never attended The Masters).

tflgee

1/9/09
We are planning a "boys" golf trip for the summer. We are heading to Mesquite to play Wolf Creek and possibly Falcon Ridge (or Royal Links in Vegas). Then we head to St George for a week. Gonna hit all the good ones in St George (The Ledges, Coral Canyon, Sand Hollow and where ever else we can find). Should be FUN!

tomhorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/08
Pinehurst #2
Torrey Pines South
Scioto CC
Pumpkin Ridge
Muirfield Village CC

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
We are planning a "boys" golf trip for the summer. We are heading to Mesquite to play Wolf Creek and possibly Falcon Ridge (or Royal Links in Vegas). Then we head to St George for a week. Gonna hit all the good ones in St George (The Ledges, Coral Canyon, Sand Hollow and where ever else we can find). Should be FUN!

Congrats T!!!!!

yukishredder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/10
I have not been lucky enough to have played Pebble or Cypress yet. I hope to someday.

This is what I found at Olympic Club.
OlympicClubClock.jpg

This is from Half Moon Bay.

One other that I don't have a picture of is Mayacama. Every hole there would be considered a "signature hole" on most courses.

now that looks stunning

royal birkdale is my favorite at the moment
of to portugal golfing in september can't wait

tflgee

1/9/09
Utah report, St George has some fantastic courses. We played Sand Hollow (spectacular), Coral Canyon (real nice), and The Ledges (one amazing 9, one mediocre). On the way to St George we played Royal Links in Las Vegas. It's a cool course but nothing like the real links courses in the UK. We rented an amazing house on the 10th hole of the Ledges. After golf we relaxed in the pool, smoked a few Cuban Motecristo's and drank ourselves silly. It was a great week!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wilkejs

Known Member
19/7/10
I have been pretty lucky in the past few years. Got to go on a trip to Scotland with my Dad and I'd say my favorite out of the many were Muirfield and Kingsbarns (everywhere was fantasic, but those 2 stood out). Both awesome courses and the views at Kingsbarns could almost be described as Pebble Beach without any houses.

My favorites in the US are the Augusta National (my sister married the right guy!:)) and the Stadium course at Sawgrass - 17 is just plain intimidating!

Here is a our group on the 16th at Augusta
16thatAugusta.jpg

wilkejs

Known Member
19/7/10
Thanks count. Shot a 95, not my best by any means, but I managed to not lose a ball - or should I say, my caddy managed to not let me lose a ball!

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
So bad you guys are talking about play Sawgrass and Augusta. I can only dream...

Nice course so far is Tobiano in British Columbia. Sooooo pristine. Here is a few shots from thier webby.

11-aerial.jpg

14-15-aerial.jpg

14-aerial-back-to-tee.jpg

6-7-from-above.jpg

aerial-front-nine.jpg

countit

22/5/10
@frig Wow. That is a special course, my friend. Looks like a real links challenge! How does one stay focused on the fairway and green with such open and beautiful surroundings?

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Well, there are a lot of rattlesnakes in those "surroundings" :)