• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Bang for Buck 42mm Planet Ocean

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
If you are happy with the watch out of the box....it is a good one! Then the dg4813 is fine, and as you said, litterally dirt cheap to replace if something goes wrong....can't reallly lose. What is it about £10 or £15 for a replacement from cousinsuk? No way is it 3 times less reliable than the eta.

On the other hand...that big word...Franken! The draw of doing a franken now or even in the future can be a big pull, and that's a very good reason to get the eta or eta clone! Probably the only real reason, as the dg4813 is perfectly fine if you just want it as is without mods. Preferably just save some money and avoid the 'swiss' and go for the eta clone 2824...the money saved is better put towards franken parts later :) ....which can add up, quickly!

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
If you are happy with the watch out of the box....it is a good one! Then the dg4813 is fine, and as you said, litterally dirt cheap to replace if something goes wrong....can't reallly lose. What is it about £10 or £15 for a replacement from cousinsuk? No way is it 3 times less reliable than the eta.

On the other hand...that big word...Franken! The draw of doing a franken now or even in the future can be a big pull, and that's a very good reason to get the eta or eta clone! Probably the only real reason, as the dg4813 is perfectly fine if you just want it as is without mods. Preferably just save some money and avoid the 'swiss' and go for the eta clone 2824...the money saved is better put towards franken parts later :) ....which can add up, quickly!

very good point and i see where your coming from!

however iv never done anything on watches ever before, and wouldnt mind getting into modding etc myself so im going to start with the 4813 that way if anything goes wrong its not the end of the world :)