• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Bang for Buck 42mm Planet Ocean

lancerplayer

Horology Curious
4/2/12
I am very interested in purchasing a 42mm Omega Planet Ocean. I have been doing research on numerous forums, but am having a hard time finding a model that is the best replica for the money. I want something that is as close to a genuine PO as possible, but will also reliably function for years without problems. Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The latest 5th gen po is the closest to the gen that exists. All of the dealers carry it.
If you want to get more close to the gen you have to built a franken po (a rep with gen parts).

The second thing you are asking, cant be guaranteed, its a rep and it can stop anytime.If you are lucky it will work for years, if not it can die in a few months...
The best choice is to get the clone 2824.2 movement which is cheap and reliable and in case it dies you change it or you can get yourself a genuine eta movement which is more reliable.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I agree with Pap. If you're not looking to spend a lot, Narikaa has a nice selection of A21J-powered PO's that are less accurate to gen but cost a good deal less than a 5th-gen.

mattcops

26/10/11
I think Trevor is a good dealer for the 42mm PO at a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I agree that Narikaa's is the best bang for the buck, without question. The V5 is more accurate but more money. It's up to you which one you want.

luckie

19/12/11
I went with a Swiss ETA and had a fellow RWI member do a franken job on it, Well worth it for a long term watch, In my noobie opinion. It looks Gen. But that may be because it almost is. LOL

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I went with a Swiss ETA and had a fellow RWI member do a franken job on it, Well worth it for a long term watch, In my noobie opinion. It looks Gen. But that may be because it almost is. LOL

I dont remember seeing photos of this! Pics or never happened...

lancerplayer

Horology Curious
4/2/12
I agree that Narikaa's is the best bang for the buck, without question. The V5 is more accurate but more money. It's up to you which one you want.

When you mention accuracy, do you mean accurate in the sense of physical appearance or in the sense of time keeping?

My apologizes, noob here. I'm trying to learn as quickly as I can.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Accuracy as in physical appearance although even the cheaper one is good enough to fool 99.9% of the people.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
The narikka version is a very nice watch, was a classic in all the forums for years, and still has a lot of pulling power, especially the price, but the newer 5th gen rep is much closer to gen, the 42mm narikkaa is well off, bezel, pearl, logo, AR are more realistic on the 5th gen.

No disrespect intended to narikka, I've bought numerous Porikkas for friends and family and recommended him on other forums umpteen times in the past. He is a gentleman and a scholar.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
As a starter watch for someone new to reps and the forum, a Narikaa is a great place to start. As most have said, it's good enough to fool 99.9% of people. The differences to gen that the "5th gen" rep has are obvious to Planet Ocean fans, but practically invisible from 4 feet away on someones wrist.

Either way you can't go wrong :thumbsup:

zinfan

Known Member
31/12/10
I had one of the good 21j PO's. It fooled nearly everyone. Only guy who could spot it is a friend of mine who has a gen PO and he had to look closely (I handed it to him). He was astonished at how close it was to his watch. I actually had to point out to him a couple of the tells he didnt spot (he missed the happy feet and the secnds sweep).

stev35

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/12
Love my Narika 45 PO, daily wrist watch at the moment.

D

d4m.test

Just got a 42mm Narika PO myself as a first rep, absolutely amazed at the quality! Well worth the money!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I wonder how many porikaas narikaa has sold over the past few years, must be thousands :) glad to see it's still a very popular watch! Wear them well!

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
I wonder how many porikaas narikaa has sold over the past few years, must be thousands :) glad to see it's still a very popular watch! Wear them well!

I currently have 3 :)
a 42 orange bezel
a 42 black bezel
& a 45 black bezel orange numbers

Love them all!

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
i think it kind of depends on the person....

im toying between the 4813 and the 2824...... whilst the 2824 is definitely more reliable if it does break its a more costly replacement movement (still not that much)

however the 4813 is a very cheap mvmt to replace and i just wonder if it really is 3 times less reliable?! (as its 3 times cheaper)

however on the outside they are the exact same.....