• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best AP rep?

tom1912

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/19
australia
I’ve already told you the same, that gen and rep AP diver thickness are the same. Superlory is correct about the thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow but it looks so much slimer to me irl. ! thanks for the correction legend and superlory !

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
tom1912 I will have to disagree, there are some reps (I saw omega rep recently) that looks like total crap. So you have to know what you are getting into. Some people get $100 APs from DHGate, those can be spotted from a mile away. But I am just curious - what is the best out of the box rep. Meaning can a true super rep can be had for $400-600 bucks or so, or do we need to go $5K franken.

And yes, like SuperLory said, ROO is same thickness. There are a few small details here and there to distinguish it form genuine, i.e. shadow lines around numerals, etc. but it's a good overall rep. RO not offshore, but 15400 is thicker indeed.. and they can be thinned by modders.

Actually rep ROO is far thicker than gen, as many here can attest. 15.8-16.0 mm vs 14.25-14.3 for gen and franken translates to huge differences in wearability and can be spotted from afar.

Reactions: vcappp and legend

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Actually rep ROO is far thicker than gen, as many here can attest. 15.8-16.0 mm vs 14.25-14.3 for gen and franken translates to huge differences in wearability and can be spotted from afar.

Any idea Exactly Gen 15703 thickness ?

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Officiall thickness
7559729386b35b45a492fead24a8abe8.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Faj

10/3/19
You guys are writing like every average Joe has a Gen- my goodness!

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I don't know if you guys are getting this clearly. The thickness tell is with the chronos. The divers are the same as gen, they don't need a fat 7750 like the chronos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Most reps wont be detected by the average person, I've had 3 Ap reps so far and got compliments on all of them. FC diver was probably the closest to gen (Minor mods like x tal, recessed screws, and a couple of other things I'm forgetting) JF 15400 is nice but wears a bit bulky which is why I prefer the $140 quartz (best for daily wear).

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I don’t trust any TD measurement, if any member here can show us exactly thickness will be good source..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are stubborn, arent you

my closed caseback divers are 13.9 and open caseback are 14.1

my stock roos were 15.3 to 15.8 mm thick, never 16mm

ap frankens are 14.2/3

Reactions: Sonofalich

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
You are stubborn, arent you

my closed caseback divers are 13.9 and open caseback are 14.1

my stock roos were 15.3 to 15.8 mm thick, never 16mm

ap frankens are 14.2/3

Absolutely agree...
I went back and measured my stock JF and Noob ROOS: They were 15.55, 15.6, and 15.9. The first one is a very recent (days old) JF RGRC, the second was a JF black dial mk 1 RC from 2018, and the last is a Noob Safari, probably an outlier. It seems like there is wide variability and a general downward trend.
My XF 15707 V2 with open back comes out to 13.9.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I don’t trust any TD measurement, if any member here can show us exactly thickness will be good source..

Why not buy all of them and measure each one by yourself just to be entirely sure? Yes TDs may have incentives to exaggerate features or downplay flaws but members here have no reason to do that.
What superlory and Jurgenk said are 100% accurate. There are very slight variations in measurements of the rep thicknesses depending on the caliper precision, parallax errors etc but what the figures they mentioned are correct in general.

Reactions: Allure

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia

Mine is 14.1mm. So you blindly accept and regurgitate “truths” from the Chinese forums but don’t believe respected members of good standing here? SMH

i love it when you share the gen vs rep side by side pics, but that’s about it

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Why not buy all of them and measure each one by yourself just to be entirely sure? Yes TDs may have incentives to exaggerate features or downplay flaws but members here have no reason to do that.
What superlory and Jurgenk said are 100% accurate. There are very slight variations in measurements of the rep thicknesses depending on the caliper precision, parallax errors etc but what the figures they mentioned are correct in general.

I don’t have the watch to measure it ..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Mine is 14.1mm. So you blindly accept and regurgitate “truths” from the Chinese forums but don’t believe respected members of good standing here? SMH

i love it when you share the gen vs rep side by side pics, but that’s about it

That’s mean nothing wrong in v9.5 thickness , watch look barrel on wrist...

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I don’t have the watch to measure it ..

do you have any AP or Hublots? (or any reps at all!) seems like you want 1:1 and confuse reps to gen. the rep factories DO NOT have the gen moulds/drawings/technology to replicate 100%. also you should brush up on mandarin or find a better translation tool, alot info you pass along is far from accurate

Nicolas1045

Looking Around
2/11/19
Hello to all,
I recently bought an AP 15400 JF V5, and unfortunately the dial AP logo is crooked. Could someone please advise me as to who or where I can get either a 1 to 1 Dial or a Gen Dial.
Thank you for your help.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello to all,
I recently bought an AP 15400 JF V5, and unfortunately the dial AP logo is crooked. Could someone please advise me as to who or where I can get either a 1 to 1 Dial or a Gen Dial.
Thank you for your help.

It would be a lot less expensive if you just have a modder straighten out your AP logo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicolas1045

Nicolas1045

Looking Around
2/11/19
Thank you for the response first of all.

This question may be due to me being new to the world of reps and/or lack of understanding of how this can be fixed.

But the dial itself is perfectly centered yet the "AP" and "Audemars Piguet" logo itself are basically closer to the bottom of the (logo space) on one end than the other. So unless it can be detached and reattached (which may be possible) I'm not sure how it can be fixed.

I will be purchasing a real one within the next 3-5 years which is why I'm considering a Gen as I can switch them around, but any further information is more than welcome!

P. S. I did not purchase the watch from a TD as I live in Mexico and pretty much all my packages have been seized or subject to ridiculous charges, yet I'm hoping a dial may slip through the cracks. Yet the seller is very familiar with the forum, and has carried out multiple improvements on my watch (thinning and lubricating).

Again I am new to the platform, so if you have a better understanding or an educated opinion please share.

Many thanks for your help, and happy holidays to you all!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
do you have any AP or Hublots? (or any reps at all!) seems like you want 1:1 and confuse reps to gen. the rep factories DO NOT have the gen moulds/drawings/technology to replicate 100%. also you should brush up on mandarin or find a better translation tool, alot info you pass along is far from accurate

31d065ff00259a22b910acfeb49dbb7b.jpg