• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BEST AP DIVER WITH SOLID BACK

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Hi everyone! I plan to upgrade my AP diver (it's a V2 and several years old). I'm looking for a solid back model with a rubber strap but am unsure which is the best new rep out there. I've spotted 3 so far on TD sites 1) the JF V7 with an a2824 2) Noob 3.5 with an a2824 and 3) H Factory (unsure of the generation or movement). Is one of these clearly better than the others and if so, which one? Who's the best dealer to source this particular watch? You've probably been over the AP diver question a 1,000 times and all probably have one!. If so, I apologise for going over old ground; please direct me to the appropriate thread.

BTW I'm sure I saw a thread on this site running an updated list of best reps generally, but I can no longer find it. Anybody know the thread please?

Best, Commander

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Research my friend. Answer to your question is all over this forum.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
JF V7... I am curious if anyone reviewed the H factory recent add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Unlike most people here I don't think that JF v7 is necessarily the best - Noob definately have (had) better geometry of their v3.5 & v5 cases, hands profile was too superior to JF's before the latter's quite upgrade of their diver hands. And HF seem to always get better the details with the tachy and the dial. Truth is, there is no single version that bests all the others. That's valid even for AP themselves - 15710 dials are a step back quality wise compared to previous generations, say 15703. So dig in, get your hands on something and go explore and upgrade. And you'll come to appreciate this hobby on the way

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Thanks very much everybody. I'm sorry to cover old ground, probably should have done more research!

I'm new to this site and it may already exist, but it would be great to have some sort of replica league table that aggregates member ratings (marks out of 10). A running quide to the best reps!

Best, Commander

Sent from the RWI mobile app

rolexdd1

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/17
I read that JF fairly recently updated the V7 dial to a flatter dial with more circular pattern. Is this true please? Thanks

panda82

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/16
Also for the forged carbon the best rep is jf v7? I ask it because I can't see that version on intime site

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nardi99

1/9/09
Just read the linked thread above. Really interesting read. I have a v3.5 with "Swiss" movement. It a great rep, runs really smoothly and keeps good time. However I was considering upgrading to the V7.
Is there a thread any where comparing these versions, or a version history that shows the improvements with each update. I have searched the forum but not found this yet.

DiverFan

17/11/13
HK
Also for the forged carbon the best rep is jf v7? I ask it because I can't see that version on intime site

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

There is no V7 carbon rep, latest is V5

rolexdd1

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/17
I read that JF fairly recently updated the V7 dial to a flatter dial with more circular pattern. Is this true please? Thanks

Bump for my question haha

gregarthur

Known Member
3/8/15
well some people say the noob 3.5 got a better dial, but jf v7 have better overall quality. to each his own mate!

racing24

18/1/17
BTW, JF v7 is the best. keep in mind, when you are talking about divers, there are 15703 and 15710. the dial is different between those 2 version. JF v7 is best for 15703. JF v8 is the best for 15710.

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
BTW, JF v7 is the best. keep in mind, when you are talking about divers, there are 15703 and 15710. the dial is different between those 2 version. JF v7 is best for 15703. JF v8 is the best for 15710.
Thanks everybody, there is a clear consensus the JF V7 is the one to go for if you want a solid back, as I do. I find that when a Gen movement is first rate, as here with the AP, a glass case back is a constant reminder I'm wearing a Rep. Presumably this is not a uniformly held view, otherwise presumably makers would not put glass backs on their reps!

I didn't know the dial on the 15703 was different to the one on the 15710. I will try and find the differences. Does anybody have comparison shots to hand?

Best. Commander