• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

beginner 42mm PO

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
is that a rep sourced from a particular supplier ??

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Of note... The DG28XX DG48XX.... has a different date font from the gen. If you can live with that, go for it.

Ancaster

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/6/12
I'm about to the pull the trigger on the PO42 black/orange ultimate at PT. Is there something there not on par with the TD's at the beginning of the thread? Or is it only the fact PT does not have the DG version and their clone source is questionable (lesser factory)?

Is the whole DG interchangeable with a complete clone replacement and vice-versa?
I think I rather have the clone for the smoother run and bi-directional winding. Should I go ahead with PT for the clone 2836 or somebody else?

Thanks in advance

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
I'm about to the pull the trigger on the PO42 black/orange ultimate at PT. Is there something there not on par with the TD's at the beginning of the thread? Or is it only the fact PT does not have the DG version and their clone source is questionable (lesser factory)?

Is the whole DG interchangeable with a complete clone replacement and vice-versa?
I think I rather have the clone for the smoother run and bi-directional winding. Should I go ahead with PT for the clone 2836 or somebody else?

Thanks in advance

You can go ahead with PT they are a very good, noob- and bulletproof TD.
Trevor and Hont are smaller entities, who do not operate a large and super informative website (like PT does), so usually "noob"-s do not work them so much. However, you will be treated well chosing them and prices are somewhat lower.
Sead is a very nice TD, who is a modder also, he operates from Europe ( outside the union) and the USA, and also doing basic modding by himself (luming, waterproofing, building specials etc...). Go ahead with him as well, I made quite a couple transactions with him when I joined this forum.

edit: bottom line is, that all of our Trusted Dealers can get you this watch, it comes down to customer preferences and requirements at the end.

D

d4m.test

You can go ahead with PT they are a very good, noob- and bulletproof TD.

edit: bottom line is, that all of our Trusted Dealers can get you this watch, it comes down to customer preferences and requirements at the end.

I'm also thinking of pulling the trigger on a 42mm Orange PO at PT. I know what everyone thinks of Swiss ETA movements in Chinese reps, but that's probably what I'm getting since it's only a $50 difference on PT. Is this watch on PT the 5G (5th Generation?) that people are referring to? It was released in late 2010, so it's 1 1/2 years old already.

http://puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-orange-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836/

fishtaco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/12
Chiming in a bit late here, but are Sead's PO's the same as Trevor's? I'd like to get a waterproofed one, but just wanted to double check and make sure it's a 5th gen. Thanks in advance!