• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

beginner 42mm PO

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Hi Guys,

Can you point me to a direction in order to pick up a decent beginner PO in 42mm? I'd take the black bezel one with orange numbers.

Also, if I do like it.... what's next? Are there some nice outofthebox reps in OMEGA-s as well? Seen that going franken is quite common, might do that on the long run, but not yet...

Any ideas much appreciated,
Thanks,

Karesz

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'll tell you if you update that avatar! :lol:

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
I thought you'd never notice... :D Actually, I thought it will do till next Christmas, it was my first and only present I've received from a super-mod:D

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yay!

If you want to keep your Franken options open get the 2824 clone.
If not get the DG version
Hont can get either one or try Trevor. It's nice to get QC pics. :)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yes and yes. They are so good out of the box......

Stock 5GPO on rep ebay rubber.......
SAM_1344b.png

On stock rep bracelet
SAM_1367b.jpg

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Like Q5 said, the 5th Gen 42 PO (that's a mouthful!) is a quality rep. I wish they were making high-beat, affordable super-reps when I started out here!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Like Q5 said, the 5th Gen 42 PO (that's a mouthful!) is a quality rep. I wish they were making high-beat, affordable super-reps when I started out here!

+1

We had the POrikka or FakeyPO........

Now the DG5GPO should be the starter. :lol:

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Hey OP,

Watch out for PM's offering you a watch for sale.

Tolis Galimanas is back (see my sig).

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Personally, I'd spend the $50 more and get the Asian eta clone version.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Thanks guys for the help, I've contacted Sead here and he will supply me with a waterproofed, asian eta clone 42mm PO on SS bracelet:D

Now the waiting game begins......

BTW: seen gen rubber straps on ebay (not that I would anything from there, just for the prices) but compared to PAM straps, they seem to be way more expensive. Is there a fora like risti.com where I might pick up something second hand on a good price?

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
There's a seller on eBay that sells "Omega" PO straps for around $40. He ships out of singapore. The straps are pretty good.

jonatutu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/12
Thanks guys for the help, I've contacted Sead here and he will supply me with a waterproofed, asian eta clone 42mm PO on SS bracelet:D

Now the waiting game begins......

BTW: seen gen rubber straps on ebay (not that I would anything from there, just for the prices) but compared to PAM straps, they seem to be way more expensive. Is there a fora like risti.com where I might pick up something second hand on a good price?

May I know how much does the watch cost. Does waterproofed means he test it himself? Looking to get a PO and a 16610.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
I've been quoted USD220 + shipping, but waterproofing might not be included in it by standard, since I'm sort of a return customer of him. He has a machine that is bale to test till 3ATM, the watch might be "more" waterproof.

He is a TD here under the name supermirrors, go check his section.

There's a seller on eBay that sells "Omega" PO straps for around $40. He ships out of singapore. The straps are pretty good.

Thanks, I'll give him a try;)

jonatutu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/12
Thanks for the reply. I have make up my mind to get PO with white markers. But the next issue is the movement. Should I get a 4813 or 2824, based solely on the movement reliability. Is the overclocked 2813 not going to last? (I dont intend to mod the PO). I have read a lot of threads on 4813, discussion saying how its been overwork from 21.6 to 28.8 might reduce its life, smaller gears to fasten the beat.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks for the reply. I have make up my mind to get PO with white markers. But the next issue is the movement. Should I get a 4813 or 2824, based solely on the movement reliability. Is the overclocked 2813 not going to last? (I dont intend to mod the PO). I have read a lot of threads on 4813, discussion saying how its been overwork from 21.6 to 28.8 might reduce its life, smaller gears to fasten the beat.

The 21.6-28.8 argument is ridiculous for longevity. It has more to do with luck of the draw. Most Swiss watches run at 28.8 and last for years. The DG series is a good proven movement too. If you don't intend to mod it, fine, go for it. I would suggest the clone of the Eta because you can swap out a Gen 2824 if it breaks. You can do the same with the DG movement too. The DG is your good starter watch.

Best of luck.

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
Very nice. Who would be a good dealer for that PO (though I perfer white numbers myself).

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
this is a tad ignorant of me, but what does the DG stand for ?