• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

beginmariner movement probs

robmpulse

6/1/07
Okay, so an hour marker came loose inside the watch., This in turn got wedged between the second hand and the crystal.

I took the watch and had it fixed. The repair guy mentioned something about the weight being loose, but he fixed it and no problem. Only cost me 10 bucks. I was rather pleased.

A few days later, it stops while I am at work. I wind it up manually, and all if fine.

A few days after that, it has stopped completely. Even manual winding will not restart it. I noticed that sometimes when I try to manually wind it, it will run for only a second or two, but then stops, only not to run anymore.

Not sure of the exact measurement, but it's the claimed 28,800 asain movement, and the watch is about a year or so old.

Not looking for a DIY on how to fix it, but more so a direction to lead the repair guy, and to get an idea of what I should expect cost wise.....

thanks in advanced.....

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
are probably better off buying a new movement which cost approx. $ 29 and get r local guy
to put it in.

The after market asian movement may be better qality then the ones came in the rep watch.

can by one at Ofrei ,.. Hope this helps

next time,.. spend extra for a ETA movement, that way spare parts are readily available and movement
can be repaired.

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
Ofrei and cosins are the places where u can buy watch parts and tools on the net.

go to google and do a search.

robmpulse

6/1/07
go figure.......

it started working again today, and has been going strong.

I am looking for a new one anyway....... maybe this was a sign....... lol