• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR V3 Roger Dubuis RDDBEX0393

Jcpal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/20
Where did you buy the RB and how much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I have rejected my QC pictures on my BBR V3 392 (RG/brown leather) as the skeletonised barrel has a scratch on it (Lucy pointed the flaw and kindly advised me to reject it). More waiting....

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Question from a non-Tourbillon owner (so far): what longevity do you expect of this movement? Tourbillons are already fragile constructions in gen watches that need more maintenance and aren't on the robust side among the watch movements on the market...

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Question from a non-Tourbillon owner (so far): what longevity do you expect of this movement? Tourbillons are already fragile constructions in gen watches that need more maintenance and aren't on the robust side among the watch movements on the market...

Never had a problem with any of mine. Its not a beater watch is it, its for nicer occasions. If your nicer occasions involve smashing your watch into things its a no goer, but that applies to most watches. Ive had close to 10 over the years and never had an issue with one. Thats not to say a service when you get it is a bad idea, a very high percentage of reps come dry. Don’t let the myths of fragile tourbillons worry you too much. Apparently Chinese tourbillons are slightly more robust than swiss because its easier to make one with thicker pivots etc than thinner ones. Not sure how true that is but thats what a watchmaker has told me.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Never had a problem with any of mine. Its not a beater watch is it, its for nicer occasions. If your nicer occasions involve smashing your watch into things its a no goer, but that applies to most watches. Ive had close to 10 over the years and never had an issue with one. Thats not to say a service when you get it is a bad idea, a very high percentage of reps come dry. Don’t let the myths of fragile tourbillons worry you too much. Apparently Chinese tourbillons are slightly more robust than swiss because its easier to make one with thicker pivots etc than thinner ones. Not sure how true that is but thats what a watchmaker has told me.

Thanks for your insights! I'm really intrigued by those AP Extra Thin Tourbillons and will probably order one once the whole Corona situation calms down a bit...

wags

3/11/17
Hi Guys,

If anyone has the Rose Gold version, how is the finish holding up??

Cheers,

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Ive got the rose gold version. Plating is fine but ive only worn it a few times. Its a pretty dressy watch, as long as you dont start doing diy in it, should be fine.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Same, I got it in RG too and only wear it at special occasions. Plating is really good tho.

Hence why I am thinking of getting the carbon version so I can wear a RD more often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wags

3/11/17
Thanks for the feedback guys. cheers

Toni-88

Horology Curious
17/11/17
Hello guys, I’m looking for a pre-owned one, someone is selling hers?