• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR 35-01 Screwdriver Help

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Hello

I am looking for the correct screwdrivers to open my bbr 35-01. There is a loose decorative screw floating around the movement and I want to get it out.

I asked my TD to bring the correct screwdriver for straps (~2.3mm 4 prong) and it does not work. It seems like the prongs need to be thinner. Please help!

Screwdriver I am looking for are 4 & 5 pronged specifically for BBR. ZF and generic does not work.

Please help!

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
functional but when I wind the manual wind the crown I hear click sound every cycle...not sure if that's normal or not.
Hard to say what a click sound is without hearing. If you ask me it looks like a movement base screw. Probably used to hold a lever or something. I wouldn't wear this watch until you can get it to a watchsmith. If it was the automatic version I would probably assume it is a rotor screw but since it's manual I would be more concerned.

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Hard to say what a click sound is without hearing. If you ask me it looks like a movement base screw. Probably used to hold a lever or something. I wouldn't wear this watch until you can get it to a watchsmith. If it was the automatic version I would probably assume it is a rotor screw but since it's manual I would be more concerned.
Do you know any watchsmiths that work on BBR RM 35-01 here?

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Don't wind your watch anymore!!!! pull the crown out to stop the movement before the screw gets into the movement and causes damage.
The movement stopped but the balance wheel keeps going unfortunately. It should turn off by tomorrow.

Would you happen to know what movement the RMUL3 consist of? I know it’s a miyota…but I don’t remember which one exactly.

I may have to end up doing the work myself because no watch smith has been responding. Thankfully I have all the watch tools.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
The movement stopped but the balance wheel keeps going unfortunately. It should turn off by tomorrow.

Would you happen to know what movement the RMUL3 consist of? I know it’s a miyota…but I don’t remember which one exactly.

I may have to end up doing the work myself because no watch smith has been responding. Thankfully I have all the watch tools.
It is honestly a cloned movement cause of the balance wheel but I believe it is based on the Miyota 8215