• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ballon Bleu 42mm. V6F Gen vs Rep

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
V6f is the factory name. Supposedly v4 is the version number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mimicry

11/3/17
What is the rep leather strap like? Is it better to get on bracelet?

MrAkuh

Horology Curious
18/5/17
V6 v4 latest version and the Best super rep 1:1 from Gen Sample any TD can get it with Bracelet or leather strap

Oh I see. I'm still a little curious with that V9 version which our fellas @whysoserious purchased

latest update: there IS a V9! So I placed an order on Monday with the good folks at TS international (Miffy is amazing).

I asked if there is a new v9 and she spoke to the folks from V6 factory and they confirmed that there is indeed a new v9 model.

Needless to say, they will be swapping my order to a v9 at no additional cost. Will share pics shortly :)

Hi, have you received your v9 yet? How does it look in real life?

whysoserious

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/12
Oh I see. I'm still a little curious with that V9 version which our fellas @whysoserious purchased

Hi, have you received your v9 yet? How does it look in real life?

Hi mate,

Sorry for not following up on this; basically long story short: the TD that I used (TS Watch) gave the wrong information and I got everyone excited for no particular reason.
The V9 that was used in the comparison is not produced by V6F; basically my TD went "yes there is a v9" to "my bad bro...". There is a V9 ballon bleu but it is produced by a small factory and I decided NOT to get the v9.

I ended up with a V6F v4, and I can assure you that it is a super rep (IMO at least!). The dial is amazing, the date wheel is centred and the font is spot on. I honestly cannot ask for more. (will post pics in a separate post)

whysoserious

18/8/12
eb92a948801a524aac232a7fded3798a.jpg

MrAkuh

Horology Curious
18/5/17
Hi mate,

Sorry for not following up on this; basically long story short: the TD that I used (TS Watch) gave the wrong information and I got everyone excited for no particular reason.
The V9 that was used in the comparison is not produced by V6F; basically my TD went "yes there is a v9" to "my bad bro...". There is a V9 ballon bleu but it is produced by a small factory and I decided NOT to get the v9.

I ended up with a V6F v4, and I can assure you that it is a super rep (IMO at least!). The dial is amazing, the date wheel is centred and the font is spot on. I honestly cannot ask for more. (will post pics in a separate post)
wow looks stunning! Which movement did you choose from TS Watch? How do you feel for that movement after using it for a while? I'm so excited to get mine haha

whysoserious

18/8/12
wow looks stunning! Which movement did you choose from TS Watch? How do you feel for that movement after using it for a while? I'm so excited to get mine haha

Hi, I got the 2824 clone. Works like a charm, it's been keeping excellent time (+/- 3 seconds a day?)

One of the best rep I've owned!

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Hi, I got the 2824 clone. Works like a charm, it's been keeping excellent time (+/- 3 seconds a day?)

One of the best rep I've owned!

Just wondering, does the date flip over at mn or starts turning at some time before mn??

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

whysoserious

18/8/12
Hmmm realy tempted to pull the trigger on this. But I'm seeing many vids on perfectclones the date doesnt flip over at 12 on A2824s!

Haha, even if that's the case, why is that stopping you?? It's a beautiful watch, no one is going to call you out just because the date doesn't change at MN

Go get one already!

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I get really irritated by that! My VSF pam 312 has the slow date change starting at 2220 or so and fully changes at mn! Bugs me a lot man.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Haha, even if that's the case, why is that stopping you?? It's a beautiful watch, no one is going to call you out just because the date doesn't change at MN

Go get one already!

I get really irritated by that! My VSF pam 312 has the slow date change starting at 2220 or so and fully changes at mn! Bugs me a lot man.

Not the right thread, but im just deciding between this and the V6F IWC 3878 Spitfire. Ughh tough choice.

whysoserious

18/8/12

I see. That doesn't happen with the A2824, so I hope that allays your fear :)

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I see. That doesn't happen with the A2824, so I hope that allays your fear :)
Great. Aft my noob ym rolesium sells I might get it. Thanks for the clarification mate! Enjoy your Ballon Bleu, looks amazing!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
@saxo the date will rarely flip over bang on midnight on any eta, eta variant or clone because the design of the mechanism means the driving wheel has a spring loaded tooth that builds up sufficient tension to then engage the date wheel to flip and there's no precise amount of time attached to this but most of the watch manufacturers using these movements will state a tolerance of + or - 10 min. All of my genuine eta's are typically within a few minutes either side except one tudor which is maybe a minute. Basically don't be too worried about it. The 7750 is slightly different, you can expect 2 hours either side where the date starts to change so this is completely normal and most likely what the gen will do if it is using this movement.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
@saxo the date will rarely flip over bang on midnight on any eta, eta variant or clone because the design of the mechanism means the driving wheel has a spring loaded tooth that builds up sufficient tension to then engage the date wheel to flip and there's no precise amount of time attached to this but most of the watch manufacturers using these movements will state a tolerance of + or - 10 min. All of my genuine eta's are typically within a few minutes either side except one tudor which is maybe a minute. Basically don't be too worried about it. The 7750 is slightly different, you can expect 2 hours either side where the date starts to change so this is completely normal and most likely what the gen will do if it is using this movement.

Yeap i understand the ETA works that way, just the tolerance is rather annoying. As for the P9000 clone which as the a7750 as its base so the approx 2hr date change is expected. Oh well i guess its about the luck of the draw I'll get. Thanks for your input!