• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad experience

LucaAlberti

Looking Around
25/8/19
Thailand
August 26 - I contacted T.B. regarding one Omega SkyFall 007 Planet Ocean Ceramic Black.
August 26 - T.B. sent to me the link for see the watch and for purchase it.
August 27 - I sent the money to T.B. via WU.
August 28 - T.B. collect the money and sent Q.C pictures.
September 1 - T.B. sent the watch providing the shipping code.
September 5 - I received the watch, but not working at all (the movement was blocked).
September 5 - I informed T.B. about the problem.
September 6 - T.B. reply suggest to give the watch to one watch repairer or resend it back.
September 6 - I send back the watch to T.B. via EMS with tracked shipping.
September 8 - the watch has arrived to Guangzhou (China).

After September 9 shipment information has disappeared everywhere.
The local EMS representative assure me that the shipping was delivered, but T.B. he continues to repeat that he has not received anything and that we must wait again.
Now, after a month and despite many emails, things have not changed.

I lost about 360 US$ for nothing.

Take care, folks ! :mad:

FAIRLADY Z

8/4/15
Texas
I had a bad experience with Toro Bravo as well. I would not say what the model is but I paid slightly more than $600. Once I received the watch the movement did not last 3 mins. Contacted Toro Bravo and said he can fix the watch but I have to pay more than $60 for shipping back to China without no reimbursement the shipping fee. I used DHL but he said the watch will be shipped out by EMS which is taking more than 8-9 weeks to receive these days. I am not gonna buy any watches from him anymore. Terrible trusted dealer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panerist

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
same experience, no service for a NEW watch broken...who should trust...?!
Go buy a genuine watch at an AD or grey dealer if you don't want any issues. These are fake watches that can take a lot of abuse during shipping. If a watch arrives dead, find a local watchsmith to repair it. Never send back to China, it can easily get lost or confiscated by Customs.

Panerist

16/5/13
Germany
Go buy a genuine watch at an AD or grey dealer if you don't want any issues. These are fake watches that can take a lot of abuse during shipping. If a watch arrives dead, find a local watchsmith to repair it. Never send back to China, it can easily get lost or confiscated by Customs.
Issues with fakes are normal, everyone knows that mate.
If you buy a new watch from a trusted dealer it is not normal and not acceptable in my world.
I didn't ship to China, decide to give it to a local watchsmith, he found the mistake was a broken part that couldn't brake from hard using or damaging during shipping. So in my opinion this should be handled in a warranty case for 400$ plus watches.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Issues with fakes are normal, everyone knows that mate.
If you buy a new watch from a trusted dealer it is not normal and not acceptable in my world.
I didn't ship to China, decide to give it to a local watchsmith, he found the mistake was a broken part that couldn't brake from hard using or damaging during shipping. So in my opinion this should be handled in a warranty case for 400$ plus watches.

Your world and the real world don't coexist, mate. Did the TD send you a timegraph during QC? I doubt they sent you a watch that was defective in their possession. That means it either occured during shipping, or in your possession.

As you know, TD's don't manufacture the watch. They are simple a middle man, and they are trusted to not scam us of our money by sending a different watch or nothing at all. Cheap parts that can break are not rare in the rep movements, it's a gamble with buying a rep. If you want a guarantee of zero issues from the start, get a gen from an AD.

Usually a TD will offer a credit or factory service if you have an issue when the watch arrives DOA. Since you did the smart thing and had a local watchsmith fix it, I would contact the TD about a credit.

Reactions: TESLA760 and Tucker

JOM1979

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
Also had a very bad expirience...there are much better Ads out there! would not recommend to order with toro!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
@KushBandit
"Your world and the real world don't coexist, mate. "

They do mate, and every day another new world like yours makes me smile...thx for trying teaching...
You've been around since 2013, and if you have been buying reps that entire time you remember the days when you just prayed the watch arrived and was not DOA. 10-15 years ago I bet almost half of the watches I received showed up with some mechanical problem. Replica watch movement reliability has gotten much better over the years but after a long, rough ride halfway across the world they occasionally show up with issue. It has been part of the hobby for a long, long time. If you have a local watchsmith available you send the rep to them for repairs and then ask the TD to contribute to the repairs. That's what you did, correct? What do you mean by: "So in my opinion this should be handled in a warranty case for 400$ plus watches?"

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
@KushBandit
"Your world and the real world don't coexist, mate. "

They do mate, and every day another new world like yours makes me smile...thx for trying teaching...
Sorry, mate, I live in the world were I don't expect a cheap fake watch made in a dirty factory with cheap parts to be perfect when it travels half way across the world. Next time, just send it back to China or buy a gen.

You're buying cheap Chinese fake watches and you want 5 star services ?
You don't get it bro, we live in a fantasy world. All of us disagreeing with his unreasonable expectations are wrong.

Reactions: TESLA760

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
At least we can expect to receive a working watch. Cheap or not, it's another problem and subjective... There are different points of view concerning what a TD should do or not if there is a problem. But the fact that most of them pay the repair is indicative 🙂

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I sent a watch back during the pandemic as no local smiths were open. I paid extra for sign on delivery and was issued a refund by the TD (Steve at The One). There's likely a chance that the TD didn't actually receive it and that it was received by someone else.

Reactions: Nono92

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Another thread that demonstrates that reading and learning here is no wasted time. And not just stickies. If that had happened, then the "never send back to China" mantra should've been known. I think I stumbled upon it on my second or third time here on rwi. Moreover, there's so many similar reports of people who, despite the warnings, send back and lose their watch. The information is here, readily available. So, if you decide to do it despite all that, then you take a big chance, at least you can take precautions as @Roughwatch did. That's good risk management, and it was rewarded. Still, he took a chance. What I want to say is, there's all the info you need here to tackle a situation like this one, if the outcome doesn't please you, then I do not think you can blame anyone.
As for the "service quality" discussion, the same principle applies, in a way. You know how it works, what you are buying, what can happen, if you don't, you didn't read enough here. As long as you are prepared to pay this much for these products, the market establishes what service you get.
Everything you need to know is here. Just man up and take responsibility of your own choices and decisions.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Artyfowl

Horology Curious
3/5/24
Old post I know but original poster sent the watch back to the TD…. In china…

Toro is based in Romania no?