• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad experience

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
I ordered a Graham from Tony and received the QC pics. In the pics you could clearly see damage from to the CG and pusher. After some back and forth where Tony tried to tell me it was supposed to be like that he agreed to refund my purchase price.

I would have preferred that he return the watch to the factory and get me a new one, but he would not do that.

That was just under a month ago. I let it go 8 working days and then attempted to recontact many times. He won't respond to my e-mails.

I have had no choice but to dispute the charge with my CC company.

Overall a bad experience.

LUWE

Renowned Member
9/7/11
Sorry to hear! Also ordered a few times at Tony and had no problems....

But, thank god we have a "few" more trusted dealer here on the forum... :)

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You're supposed to always contact a mod before going the charge back route. That just ruins it for everyone else here.

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
agree with KBH - the moderators are very helpful and can assist in disputes.

despite the bad xp I am sure with some discussion with the TD (RWI assisted) you will resolve the dispute.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I have had no choice but to dispute the charge with my CC company.

Overall a bad experience.

The first choice was to contact a mod, that's for sure. While i feel for you in this situation, you definitely should have contacted the mods first. Now you risk getting spanked here.

Chris v.

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/12
Chargeback is a no no unless authorized by a mod on here. Remember this :)

Sent from my IPhone 4

CPSRT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/12
Well I haven't done it yet, but let me get this straight: I need to go to a mod when someone claims to have refunded me the money but hasn't and won't return e-mails?

I guess I will PM a mod. It doesn't change my experience or make it any less valid.

BTW, my main forum hangout is ViperAlley. I'm not really worried about getting "spanked" in here.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
BTW, my main forum hangout is ViperAlley. I'm not really worried about getting "spanked" in here.

Then you haven't seen how we spank around here. Have a search and see what happens to folk who get spanked.

Yes, you may not begin a dispute without permission from the admins, it was in the T&Cs you agreed to when you joined. the whole idea of a forum such as this is that we are here to sort out problems for you, to act as a referee in issues such as this. If you dispute a CC charge Tony loses his CC processor and the members lose out because they can not pay that way any longer. They don't like it when that happens.

Now, you are not dealing with WalMart here, you are buying illegal goods form a guy on the other side of the world and paying via a black market friendly CC processor in some East Euro country, probably with a name ending in 'stan. These guys like making money any way they can so they will take from four to six weeks to process a refund thus making a few bucks on the short term money market while they have your dosh.

This is not the dealer's fault, it's something he has no control over. the dealers can't use an Western CC processor any more than your local cocaine dealer can as he's dealing in a product just as illegal as the coke dealer. You will get your money, it just takes time.

Now, think about this. We have a dozen or so dealers here and 45,000 members. between them they but about 190,000 watches a year (based on last year's survey results). That's a lot of watches per dealer and a lot of profit. Why would one of these guys be stupid enough to throw away his place here and therefore his access to that huge captive audience for the price of your watch? Do you think we would allow a dealer who didn't provide a refund to stay here? They are called "trusted dealers" for a reason you know.

If you do a bit of reading here you will see the lengths we go to ensuring our members are not hard done by. Most of the issues involving money are with member 2 member sales as no dealer is going to risk his continued presence here for a few dollars, there is too much at stake.

Did you tell Tony you are a member here when you ordered? If you have not received any comms from Tony or your refund by the end of the week please take out a support ticket at the RWI Help Desk here: http://www.lastplaneout.biz/helpdesk/ and a moderator will assist you.

Asian7750

Trusted Dealer
2/11/09
Hello
I just check our payment refund record . we have made the refund one 13th June .

<LI class=lil_08>trade number254612625281370316 <LI class=lil_10>order number 201206025272140<LI class=lil_12>order time 12-06-02 05:28:13<LI class=lil_12>refund time 12-06-13 02:32:22
but why you still do not get the payment until now . we have to ask the card access company . because normally it is about 8 working days can arrive . we have ask the company to check what happen . I also advise you ask your bank to check whether it has arrived
regards
tony

I got the answer from the card access company . now . the refund need about one month arrive . I think you have to wait for more one or 2 weeks
regards
tony

CPSRT

17/5/12
OK, TB. No problem, Tony knew my membership status.

Tony, the fact that it took this for you to respond is not acceptable and I do not believe that it takes a full month for the money to come back to me from a refund.

As I said to you in e-mail, I wanted an undamaged watch and not a refund. I am still willing to take an undamaged watch rather than a refund. I know you are not Walmart but a month is absurd.

I'll wait until the end of the week and see what happens.

BTW, check out ViperAlley if you to see what a truly rough crowd is.

Asian7750

Trusted Dealer
2/11/09
I check your last email . I think it is the hotmail new system problem . you use the topic is :
Information from www.siteXXXXXX.com(The system e-mail,Please do not reply)? ,right ?
this topic is from the card company . and many customer use it . but hotmail will put the same topic emails in one email !! if we refund to other customer and he also use this topic . his email will cover yours !!! so ,it is easy for us do not reply the email.

about the watch . please check your emails . the problem make us refund is not the case is sratch we do not change it for u . but you want the polished crown lever . this watch is from H factory . this series from H factory is the brushed , no polished . in your email .you said ,if we can not get the polished . you would like refund . so we done it .
if this order make any inconveniences ,sorry for it
cheers
tony

Asian7750

Trusted Dealer
2/11/09
I check the email record . the last email we talk about the watch is on 11th June .
this is from your email :

Please do not tell me what is highlighted is supposed to be there.

If we can't handle this please agree to refund my purchase price.

and we did not get any email that you want the watch

CPSRT

17/5/12
That is the last e-mail that you replied to, not the last e-mail I sent. There were 3 subsequent e-mails which were not responded to, all asking the same question: status of the refund.

Also, the issue was damaged crown lever, not polished vs brushed.

I realize this is a replica and my bar for not accepting a QC pic is not that high. I would have been embarrassed to wear the watch with the damage to lever that was apparent and could be seen from multiple angles.

Maybe it is a language barrier thing, maybe it isn't but "handle this" means get me an undamaged watch, something you chose not do as your next reply was that you would refund my money.

I have every intention of ordering the same watch from someone else and I expect to QC pics to be similar in quality to what is shown on the specific TD website, no more and no less.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
CPSRT, just wait a week or 2 for the refund and bring it to another dealer of your choice, I think that will be easier for both parties here.

CPSRT

17/5/12
Well I wish I could provide a better resolution but despite the best efforts of TrailBoss (thank you) and a supposed refund by Asian7750 we could not get the money back. So either my CC company, the vendors CC company or the Vendor has my money and won't give it back (it's not my job to assign blame between the two).

It has been well over two months and a chargeback looks like the only option, so that's how it's going to be. I wish there was a moral or a lesson but if there is I can't figure it out.

Just be careful who you spend your money with.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I have to agree that if he issued a refund on June 13th, and today is August 13th and you still don't have the money, then I too would file a cc dispute. I'd notify Mods first, but I think a dispute is what it's going to take because it is obviously the processor holding your money and not Tony - nothing he can do about it.

By the way - I'd love to see those QC pics to see what this is all about.

CPSRT

17/5/12
BTW, TrailBoss is a mod and did his best. His efforts are appreciated.

I thought about posting the QC pics when this first happened and decided it would take away from the issue and change the debate. The issue was purely financial, TD agreed to refund and no money was received. Simple issue.

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11
BTW, TrailBoss is a mod and did his best. His efforts are appreciated.

I thought about posting the QC pics when this first happened and decided it would take away from the issue and change the debate. The issue was purely financial, TD agreed to refund and no money was received. Simple issue.

Like was said--Tony isn't sitting on your money so he is out of it. Also why is Tony mentioning the polishing of the watch if it was never brought up? Even with the language barrier, I don't think Tony would just make that up. It is a very simply issue but I understand you are upset not getting your money back by now but it is out of Tony's hands at this point. It does suck when it takes so long to get a refund issued but it's the natural of the beast and one of the rules we must play by when we enter into the rep world. This WILL get resolved and the world will start turning again but until then there is not much that can be done other than waiting. Good luck

bigbangtheory

Renowned Member
1/6/08
One of my best transaction and communication was with Tony ( still need to leave feedback LOL)
Hope you resolve everything and get the $$