• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad experience... sent me the wrong watch! Well actually he didn't I just have not learnt enough yet

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
@Tazmo

After the way that you behaved in chat the other day, you should feel very lucky that anyone here would help you at all!!
Insulting mods, randomly throwing fits and name calling like a petulant 5 year old boy.
It kind of makes me not believe your stories. Go cry in a corner!
MR, enjoy your vacation brother!! This idiot will be waiting for you when you get back.....

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Finally got it open. I think its gen swiss ETA. If anyone can confirm please do. @Raddave here it is. You asked earlier to keep you in the loop. What are your thoughts? True 100 gen swiss ETA?

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG
It looks like it but the engravings don't which is weird. They don't add color to the stamps to my knowledge (which may be limited). Maybe @Raddave or @occb2 would be more help.

Zulu44gmt

3/7/15
That Balance jewel retaining clip doesn't look like ETA, more like clone.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It sure looks like a genuine Swiss and I have seen that dark engraving before.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tazmo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/8/16
Ok we need a pros input here because people are saying conflicting things.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
@Raddave could you offer an opinion on this movement? It looks like ETA to me?

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Looks off. Everything checks but the font to me (I know tuck said darker is possible but the QC for it looks bad ) and the inca - it looks like a damaged holder or something up close.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Looks off. Everything checks but the font to me (I know tuck said darker is possible but the QC for it looks bad ) and the inca - it looks like a damaged holder or something up close.
I take it back. It looks legit just not new

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I wouldn't automatically dismiss an ETA movement with laser-burnt ETA logo / serial as fake

Because I have seen genuine Swatch Sistem51 movements with the same laser-etched and burnt logo:

Maybe this is a modern way of ETA doing things since the sistem51 movement is relatively new (2014+)

It would be good if someone else can chime in. I have messaged ebay sellers before with this matter and they have guaranteed that the movements are genuine and factory new, although I am skeptical. I have also tried emailing ETA to verify their 2824-2 movements with laser-etched burnt logos, but they couldn't disclose to me anything.
maxresdefault.jpg

dmastah12

24/1/07
@sead has had a death in the family and that can be quite traumautic and priorities change during the greiving period. A delay and perhaps the wrong version of the watch may happen during such times. I'm sure the TD in this case @sead will sort it out. From your side, perhaps a little more understanding, compassionate and basic human decency in understanding grief ?

Sent from the RWI App

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Thats a gen ETA. He ships via Fedex recently because EMS is getting stopped. Also quicker than EMS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I haven't read all the answers but yes. That is an ETA. I have got them that way directly from star time. I even posted it on here once. I found it odd that the serial number was perfect on an ETA I got from Startime. But the simple answer is yes it is a legit ETA. The balance looks great and so do all the bridges and the wheels.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I also with @domsdaddy123 on this one. Reviewing the two watches, the one in the QC pics and the one you got, They have the same serial number and identical SEL. I can't comment about Noob or BP on these because I have zero experience with them on my builds because either of them are Rolex spec cases. But that being said, I think the issue should be resolved with the TD and the seller somehow.

Op look at the serial number on the QC pics and the watch. They both match. The dials look the same. The Lugs and SEL look the same. To me they are the same watch. The question is, did he show you a BP and sell you a BP when you asked him for a Noob?

TD's are not that great. I have had to tweek all my TD brought watches. In fact I have asked Toro to send me the parts and I will put it together. He won't. Only BK will out of all the dealers. BK has sent me Noob 3135 116610 full kits. You can never go wrong with BK. He is amazing and has an eye for detail.

Good luck brother. I hope it all works out.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
What the hell is this thread about. I have been talking to @sead1999 throughout this and he has been more than helpful. Send replaced the watch when asked to and sent out a noob which he had an Eta installed in. He told me he will refund if the customer is not happy.

It seems more of a priority to bad mouth then get this resolved.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
What the hell is this thread about. I have been talking to @sead1999 throughout this and he has been more than helpful. Send replaced the watch when asked to and sent out a noob which he had an Eta installed in. He told me he will refund if the customer is not happy.

It seems more of a priority to bad mouth then get this resolved.

Kinda reminds me of the fella who complained about the water leaking into his Cartier when he put the watch under the tap. But shut right up when the TD offered him a solution. What's with people nowadays?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I am just going to give a timeline on this as I have done on a previous thread.

The staff were first made aware of this issue at 21:40 on the 26th Of July I responded at 22:02 on the 26th. Sead responded to both of us at 23:35.

He said he had no idea what happened to your watch and I can understand why. So he sent out a replacement Noob YM with a Swiss ETA which he had put in himself.

You received the watch and now have an issue with it as you think it is a BP and does not have an ETA. You discovered it has. Of course now the watch is not in the same condition as you received it as you removed the back as you do not trust the dealers.

So instead of waiting to a response to the Helpdeak you decided to make this thread instead. Sead had confirmed that he would issue a refund on receipt of the watch as you are not happy but I was asleep on his timezone so I am only getting a chance to respond this morning.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
What does that have to do with shipping the wrong watch?

If you have nothing constructive to add don't post. You are the disrespectful one.

Whatever it is, it's not a noob. There are numerous things different with this version compared to the noob version I received from noob. Not just in the bracelet but in crystal height and bezel diameter.

It's the same watch in both pics.

And you really are an unpleasant individual, I can just picture you kicking your cuddly toys all around your room, tomato red in the face and screaming.

Tazmo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/8/16
It's the same watch in both pics.

And you really are an unpleasant individual, I can just picture you kicking your cuddly toys all around your room, tomato red in the face and screaming.

Nah that's you.