• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

B50 Factory: Seawolf and Old Navitimer II

FlyNow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/24
Purchased a nice Seawolf in January (see attached photos) from the B50 Factory and its a nice example. The reason I purchased the Seawolf is that I have pretty large wrists and really wanted something 44-48MM.

The watch I really wanted was a Navitimer, but I just hate the sunken date on the newer versions. Then I saw that the B50 Factory had the Old Navitimer available and the sunken date didn't seem to be an issue since it is the traditional 7750 sub dial layout (12, 9, 6). Plus, they had the blue dial I have always wanted. So I made the compromise of going with a 42mm case and ordered it.

I received the QC pictures and everything looked good. It even has a very nice exhibition caseback displaying the nicely decorated movement. The only problem is the Old Navitimers didn't come with an exhibition caseback. Furthermore, the model number on the caseback was for the newer version Navitimers and not the Old Navitimer. Although the photos on all of the TDs websites show the correct caseback, B50 does not have the correct caseback. So my only choice is to accept the wrong caseback (which frankly is very nice) or cancel the order. I went ahead and approved it to be shipped.

This caseback issue got me looking at the Seawolf I purchased last month, and unfortunately that one also has the wrong caseback (but not exhibition). I wish I would have caught this in the QC process. The caseback on the Seawolf has model number M17331, which is for the Seawolf Blacksteel. Yes still a Seawolf, but for a different model and not correct.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is considering the B50 for Brietling Reps. I am betting if you are ordering a current model, you will likely get the correct caseback.

NOTE: This is NOT a compliant. These are Reps and having the wrong model number on a caseback shouldn't really on matter. Unless of course you are trying to pass a Rep as a Gen watch.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
While your at it wrong bracelet and not a limited editions.. That is the pro 2 and not the pro 3. GF made.the best yellow of this model. I have H factory OG seawolf v3 and it is dope AF.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Finishing looks pretty good on the bezel. Pro II bracelet is my favorite style even if it should be pro III. Caseback model number easily forgotten for me. I always liked the looks of these especially the Avenger II Seawolf with the silver numbers on the dial. From what I remembered seeing the price on these is pretty reasonable also considering the other versions, Hf and Gf, aren't available outside of M2M.

FlyNow

10/1/24
Finishing looks pretty good on the bezel. Pro II bracelet is my favorite style even if it should be pro III. Caseback model number easily forgotten for me. I always liked the looks of these especially the Avenger II Seawolf with the silver numbers on the dial. From what I remembered seeing the price on these is pretty reasonable also considering the other versions, Hf and Gf, aren't available outside of M2M.
I paid $328 for the Seawolf and it does wear nice.

FlyNow

10/1/24
Also I think B50 may be the only factory currently producing these.

FlyNow

10/1/24
Received my 41MM Old Navitimer today from the B50 factory. Overall it is a nice watch with an A7750. Comparing to the Gen, I am seeing that there is a small space on the outer ring, different blue sub dial hands. The biggest tell is the case back as it is from version with the exhibition back and the wrong model number. I do like seeing the movement, but it would the an immediate tell. It has good AR and shows blue when viewed from the side. Personally I think it is way too small as a 41mm. Now I really want a 46 or 48, especially the World version. However, I think this currently may be the best Navitimer rep. Thoughts?
a newer

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I've got a similar navitimer to yours but mine was from OXF (Trusty).
The front of mine was exactly the same as yours but the back is normal Navitimer solid back with "A13..." model number.
I modded mine which can be seen in the thread about navitimer straps

FlyNow

10/1/24
I've got a similar navitimer to yours but mine was from OXF (Trusty).
The front of mine was exactly the same as yours but the back is normal Navitimer solid back with "A13..." model number.
I modded mine which can be seen in the thread about navitimer straps
I’ll take a look at that thread. I am going to need to sell this new watch. It’s just too small for me. I guess I have to wait until they start making a good 46 or 48mm version again.

Cosmotimer89537

Horology Curious
25/12/23
I’ll take a look at that thread. I am going to need to sell this new watch. It’s just too small for me. I guess I have to wait until they start making a good 46 or 48mm version again.
Great review, really appreciate your honest feedback!
From which TD did you buy the blue Old Navitimer II?
And by the way, if it's too small for you, I would be interested in purchasing it from you haha:p

FlyNow

10/1/24
Great review, really appreciate your honest feedback!
From which TD did you buy the blue Old Navitimer II?
And by the way, if it's too small for you, I would be interested in purchasing it from you haha:p
I purchased from Ryan at InTime, mainly because he was willing to take PayPal F&F on my first purchase. The biggest thing that bugs me (but I also really like) is the exhibition caseback with the wrong model number. I guess I would have preferred the correct case back. I will likely be looking to sell this down the road, but for now I believe this is the only Navitimer that doesn't have the sunken dial issues. I am considering buying a Revue Thommen watch that is similar to the new Supper Chronomat and if I go that direction I will be willing to sell.

Reactions: Cosmotimer89537