• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aviator 8

jakjo

Horology Curious
26/12/23
Does anyone have any experience with TF reps? Looking at the Aviator 8 DLC/NY green dial.

I’ve done a search of the forums and found a little info on some of TF but not much on this model!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I've been wondering too. I have the old ZF and I wish I knew if the bracelet would fit. From what I've seen the TF's AR won't be as good but if it's single side AR it won't be that noticeable but just have more glare. Case finishing from what I've see isn't quite as good as ZF but looks to be decent. Now the ZF version you can't get anymore I don't think so kind of a non issue. The DLC green dial looks really good after watching Trusty's video and has a nice sheen to it. Matte but almost a metallic matte which reflect light if you know what I mean. I always liked these models, in fact it's one of my favorite Breitling models and wears so well. Now you have me seriously considering the DLC green model.

Mclarendude had a TF blue dial and can't remember who he got it from but if you search you can trace down pictures. It's the only TF I recall being posted. Had a QC issue that he fixed (non disclosed to him :rolleyes:) but QC is different from build quality. It looked nice with pretty good finishing which is the most important part.

ZF model but who doesn't like pictures.
HlCD31.jpeg

Hlpc7v.jpeg

HlpJL8.jpeg

Last edited:

jakjo

Horology Curious
26/12/23
I've been wondering too. I have the old ZF and I wish I knew if the bracelet would fit. From what I've seen the TF's AR won't be as good but if it's single side AR it won't be that noticeable but just have more glare. Case finishing from what I've see isn't quite as good as ZF but looks to be decent. Now the ZF version you can't get anymore I don't think so kind of a non issue. The DLC green dial looks really good after watching Trusty's video and has a nice sheen to it. Matte but almost a metallic matte which reflect light if you know what I mean. I always liked these models, in fact it's one of my favorite Breitling models and wears so well. Now you have me seriously considering the DLC green model.

Mclarendude had a TF blue dial and can't remember who he got it from but if you search you can trace down pictures. It's the only TF I recall being posted. Had a QC issue that he fixed (non disclosed to him :rolleyes:) but QC is different from build quality. It looked nice with pretty good finishing which is the most important part.

ZF model but who doesn't like pictures.
HlCD31.jpeg

Hlpc7v.jpeg

HlpJL8.jpeg
Thanks so much for your detailed reply!

The ZF looks great, shame you can’t get it any more.

If I take the plunge and get the TF I’ll make sure to post it here and review it!

Reactions: shinynewbling25