• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger II GMT GF Which is Correct?

sadde

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/15
Hey everyone.
Was going to pull the trigger on Avenger II GMT GF after referring to the super rep list.
However, was a bit overwhelmed with information .
Ive narrowed down to two models
and

Are these models the same ones referred in the super rep list?

some users indicate that the one in the super rep list is 45mm and not 43mm , is this true?

Since there are no gen blue dial vs rep blue dial, does anyone has any advice on the comparison?

Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks!

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Hey everyone.
Was going to pull the trigger on Avenger II GMT GF after referring to the super rep list.
However, was a bit overwhelmed with information .
Ive narrowed down to two models
and

Are these models the same ones referred in the super rep list?

some users indicate that the one in the super rep list is 45mm and not 43mm , is this true?

Since there are no gen blue dial vs rep blue dial, does anyone has any advice on the comparison?

Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks!
Hi Sadde,

What superrep list are you referring too?

If you like the look of the watches you linked too, that is with the 24 hours in the bezel, that is available only as 43mm as far as I know. A very good and reliable source of information for models that are not in production anymore is CHrono24.

sadde

22/11/15
Hi Sadde,

What superrep list are you referring too?

If you like the look of the watches you linked too, that is with the 24 hours in the bezel, that is available only as 43mm as far as I know. A very good and reliable source of information for models that are not in production anymore is CHrono24.
Hi !
I mean this “Breitling Avenger II GMT GF (first batch with correct DW, includes the polished SS and the blacksteel / DLC)”
I see rendition of 43mm and 45mm for this model

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Hi !
I mean this “Breitling Avenger II GMT GF (first batch with correct DW, includes the polished SS and the blacksteel / DLC)”
I see rendition of 43mm and 45mm for this model

I think, if we have to be on the same page you need to show me the link to the Superrep list, and the link to this first batch you mention with 43 and 45 mm variations. Thanks

sadde

22/11/15
I think, if we have to be on the same page you need to show me the link to the Superrep list, and the link to this first batch you mention with 43 and 45 mm variations. Thanks
Hi
This is the link to the list .

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The one on the super rep list is the 43mm version and there is a gen blue dial version, they are amazing if you can get one with the blue AR and correct date font…I’ve seen three different date variations so you have to be luck.

The 45mm is just called the avenger gmt not avenger II but also a great piece I had two of them amazing qualit.

Reactions: sadde

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
So hard to get hold of though, no TD's have them at the moment...

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
They are many years old so yes likely out of production.

They pop up on M2M from time to time.

The avenger 43mm is a recent release and is just as good though, perfect AR, pearl is on point and dial is crisp ;)

Reactions: sadde

sadde

22/11/15
They are many years old so yes likely out of production.

They pop up on M2M from time to time.

The avenger 43mm is a recent release and is just as good though, perfect AR, pearl is on point and dial is crisp ;)
Thanks for the advice , truly. But how do you differentiate Avenger and Avenger II cause they look similar ..

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
So to add to to very qualified answer you got from @Thatwatchguy the watch you refer in the link is a Avenger II. So did you ask JTime if it is available? (I was curious so I did it for you but haven't got an answer yet ;) ).

Anyway, forget the list and trust your eyes and taste instead. Don't buy a watch because somebody 5 years ago said it was a superrep. Buy it because it looks good and make you happy, day after day, to see it on your wrist.

Here I have compared the JTime link with a Gen Avenger II GMT

They seem pretty much 98% the same. Most critical point are fine: the date font seems very close to gen, date wheel is not sunk compared to dial, thickness is just 0,5mm different. So is this a superep? No idea, but I would for sure wear it.
Is this the watch you want on your wrist? Only you can decide.

BTW. I just bought also a Avenger Bandit (kudos to @Therion666 who told me about this watch and where to find it). Here is how it looks compared to gen

Is it perfect? Nope but darn close too it. Is it why I bought it and will wear it? Nope, it is because it minds me of a military watch I had when I was in the army :)

So conclusion. Do a little bit of work yourself and you will get the watch that is perfect for you, not somebody else,

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
So to add to to very qualified answer you got from @Thatwatchguy the watch you refer in the link is a Avenger II. So did you ask JTime if it is available? (I was curious so I did it for you but haven't got an answer yet ;) ).

Anyway, forget the list and trust your eyes and taste instead. Don't buy a watch because somebody 5 years ago said it was a superrep. Buy it because it looks good and make you happy, day after day, to see it on your wrist.

They seem pretty much 98% the same. Most critical point are fine: the date font seems very close to gen, date wheel is not sunk compared to dial, thickness is just 0,5mm different. So is this a superep? No idea, but I would for sure wear it.

BTW. I just bought also a Avenger Bandit (kudos to @Therion666 who told me about this watch and where to find it). Here is how it looks compared to gen

Is it perfect? Nope but darn close too it. Is it why I bought it and will wear it? Nope, it is because it minds me of a military watch I had when I was in the army :)

So conclusion. Do a little bit of work yourself and you will get the watch that is perfect for you, not somebody else,
I think it is long out of productio, as said I have had many over the years and some were good and some not so good…good luck my man

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Come on man do your homework ;)

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
That’s a completely different model man
Correct! :) Just pointing out that Avenger II and AVenger II GMT are two very different models. We want to help the guy, not confuse him even more :D

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Correct! :) Just pointing out that Avenger II and AVenger II GMT are two very different models. We want to help the guy, not confuse him even more :D
I think Breitling have already done that with their naming convention :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Therion666

sadde

22/11/15

Thank you! @thewatchguy and @aguida, appreciate the effort and help. It clears up everything for me. I was confused mainly by TDs posting avengers without the II , and reusing some photos.

I placed them side by side , I’m pretty sure but I won’t want to miss out something that my inexperience eyes can’t catch.

You are right in regards to the list, times have changed and different factories are getting better as well.

Your bandit looks really sick. Probably will be my next one once I receive my avenger gmt.

I’ve spoken to JTime and yes it’s available.

Thanks again for the valuable advises everyone!

Reactions: Therion666