• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger B01 chrono - new from BLS

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
My green dial version arrived last week. It's big, chunky and heavy, as expected. The pearl is the most obvious issue. The bezel as a whole feels a bit flimsier than most prior Avenger reps. At first I thought it was made from plastic or aluminum. In fact, it's just a thinner design than used on past models. Other thoughts are tjat the AR is not great, and that the thickness appears to be 1.0 - 1.5mm thicker than gen. I measured it with calipers from the thickest part of the watch (i.e. center of the domed crystal) at about 16.5mm. The specs on the Breitling site list then gen at 15.2mm. However, it's hard to say how they measure. Do they include the crystal height? Who knows? I will say that there were other gen Avengers with thicker cases. Judging from gen photos, if the BLS rep is inded thicker, it appears that the thickness is in the midcase area. In some gen photos the gen seems a bit more streamlined there.

Otherwise, the rep is surprisingly nice. The entire case and bracelet are brushed - another break from the design of past avengers. The lack of the wings on the dial leaves what seems to be a lot of open space, and it's odd that the "B" logo on the dial is always covered by the chrono hand. Seems like a poor design choice. It would help a lot if they upgraded the bezel with a new one with the correct pearl, as well as improved AR. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it.

Observvito

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
24/5/24
My green dial version arrived last week. It's big, chunky and heavy, as expected. The pearl is the most obvious issue. The bezel as a whole feels a bit flimsier than most prior Avenger reps. At first I thought it was made from plastic or aluminum. In fact, it's just a thinner design than used on past models. Other thoughts are tjat the AR is not great, and that the thickness appears to be 1.0 - 1.5mm thicker than gen. I measured it with calipers from the thickest part of the watch (i.e. center of the domed crystal) at about 16.5mm. The specs on the Breitling site list then gen at 15.2mm. However, it's hard to say how they measure. Do they include the crystal height? Who knows? I will say that there were other gen Avengers with thicker cases. Judging from gen photos, if the BLS rep is inded thicker, it appears that the thickness is in the midcase area. In some gen photos the gen seems a bit more streamlined there.

Otherwise, the rep is surprisingly nice. The entire case and bracelet are brushed - another break from the design of past avengers. The lack of the wings on the dial leaves what seems to be a lot of open space, and it's odd that the "B" logo on the dial is always covered by the chrono hand. Seems like a poor design choice. It would help a lot if they upgraded the bezel with a new one with the correct pearl, as well as improved AR. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it.
Thank you for your review. It's a beautiful watch. Does your long second hand work?
I'm asking as I recently received a BLS B01 Super Chrono. Like you I'm happy with it --- except on mine the long second hand (and chrono functions) were DOA. I'm trying to figure out if the fault was mine or just a general 7750 run of luck failure.

I've learned I should avoid using the chrono pushers. I'm wondering if that same advice extends to the long hand.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
My chrono seconds works fine, as it does on every A7750. I use my A7750 chronos whenever I want. Never had even a hint of a problem.

The only issue is with RESETTING the 7750 chrono - you should allow the chrono hand to approach 12, then press STOP, and then PRESS reset. The shorter the distance that hand has to travel on reset, the lesser the chance of it slipping into the wrong position. This is also good advice with a gen 7750 movement, as well as with any chrono movement without a column wheel.

Reactions: Observvito

cogitoergo1100

Getting To Know The Place
MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Does it have the sunk date problem too, I guess? How does the date look from the side?

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Like all A7750's with the 3-6-9 module, the date is a bit sunk. However, it's not very noticeable, probably because the datewheel is black, and so is the surrounding subdial. Since it's black on black, you really don't notice it, even in sunlight.