• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger B01 chrono - new from BLS

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Apparently BLS is already making the new Avenger B01 chrono models. I just noticed these on a non-TD's qc page.

Not a huge fan of the new re-design, but curious if anyone has any comments on how good these look. Given they're from BLS, my expectations are low!

Reactions: CF_Stan

CF_Stan

CF/FC, ZrO2, PVD/DLC STupid fAN
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Thank you for sharing, I really like the night mission version. Could you PM the dealer link, I’d like to see all the images they have up?

Observvito

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
24/5/24
For what it's worth I have a 44MM BLS B01 Super Chronomat on order. No QC pics yet but I'll post them up once they arrive.

Different model of course but perhaps some of the information about the factory quality on the latest models will be transferable?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I hate to say it as I love a good Breitling but these look cheap and poorly finished

Reactions: johnlogan

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I hate to say it as I love a good Breitling but these look cheap and poorly finished

Well, it's BLS so that's no surprise. Exactly what are you seeing? To my eyes, the pearl is off (but a common issue) and the date window looks like it was cut with a chainsaw (at least it does in these macro photos). Anything else?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Well, it's BLS so that's no surprise. Exactly what are you seeing? To my eyes, the pearl is off (but a common issue) and the date window looks like it was cut with a chainsaw (at least it does in these macro photos). Anything else?
Ha yes as you said, + bezel is Poor, thickness is astonishing bad, strap looks bad (but would need to have in hand) and the screws stick out.

This is amateur hour and a very poor rep release

Observvito

Supporter
Certified
24/5/24
Hi. Extremely interested in this discussion. Could someone please help me understand the comments about the flaws in this rep with the screws sticking out of the case? My eye isn't as developed as you guys that have been around for a while yet.

Here's an image I grabbed of the gen. The screws aren't flush. Where is the flaw with the rep?

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I have to disagree on those points. All gen Breitlings have the screws sticking out of the bezel. That's part of the design. In fact, the biggest flaw on the GF Bandit is the fact that the bezel screws on that rep do NOT stick out. They are flush with the case, and there's no way to fix it. If you loosen the screws, the bezel will fall off.

As for the thickness, the gen is also very thick. Look at some live pics of the gen on eBay to compare. My guess is that they're very close.

IMO the main flaw on this rep looks to be the pearl at this point.

Reactions: timegeek and Reaps

Observvito

Supporter
Certified
24/5/24
I have to disagree on those points. All gen Breitlings have the screws sticking out of the bezel. That's part of the design. In fact, the biggest flaw on the GF Bandit is the fact that the bezel screws on that rep do NOT stick out. They are flush with the case, and there's no way to fix it. If you loosen the screws, the bezel will fall off.

As for the thickness, the gen is also very thick. Look at some live pics of the gen on eBay to compare. My guess is that they're very close.

IMO the main flaw on this rep looks to be the pearl at this point

You're right about the pearl. Looks like they may have gotten the base of the index wrong as well. Angled on the gen. Looks like it's squared off on the rep. [Gen on top below.]

Reactions: johnlogan

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Nice! I've been waiting for these. I do like these new avengers. The bezel is very aggressive and crisp actually looks similar to old Breitlings like the superoceans and superocean chronos just way more crisp and bigger, bolder rider tabs. Similar font and layout. The dials are a little plain on the Stainless versions but the full arabic numerals on the black version look great. I want the funky colored ones for something new AND the black ones, lol.

Are the black versions ceramic or pvd stainless steel? Hard to tell but kind of looks like pvd stainless due to the dulled edges and the titanium bits looks like blasted stainless instead of titanium like gen. Crystal AR looks not very good. Hopefully the brighter dial colors will minimize the effect although you won't get the best view of those interesting dial colors.

I think I can live with the stainless models as the less crisp finishing doesn't stick out as much and bright dials help draw your focus giving the overall satisfactory wearing impression of the gen for me though I would still really prefer a better version. I'm wanting to buy the green, blue and tan depending on price. A better version of the superoceans never came out so this could be it and the only chance to experience these. With these lower finished versions they're definitely buy and wearers but maybe not keepers. I'll probably jump on the stainless but want to confirm if the black version is actually ceramic or pvd stainless which I'm not sure I could overlook that part. Definitely glad these are finally out. Even the 3 hand versions would be good.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22

IMO the main flaw on this rep looks to be the pearl at this point.
Thank you for the education and correction. In my personal taste I can then firmly say that GF rep has better design taste than Breitling gen then. :ROFLMAO:

Observvito

Supporter
Certified
24/5/24
I like the redesigns very much as well. It's a nice aggressive but refined look. Pretty much how Breitling caught my attention in the first place.

Just noticed this on a rep photo of a different watch. I guess the "pearl-index" isn't as bad as I first thought in the yellow/black photo above. It's angled here.

Reactions: shinynewbling25

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Are the black versions ceramic or pvd stainless steel? Hard to tell but kind of looks like pvd stainless due to the dulled edges and the titanium bits looks like blasted stainless instead of titanium like gen.

I didn't realize the gen Night Mission was ceramic! That's certainly a first for an Avenger. I'm guessing this rep is PVD, but if it's actually ceramic I'll probably consider one.

CF_Stan

CF/FC, ZrO2, PVD/DLC STupid fAN
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
My TD just advised me that it is PVD titanium case. Shame as I could easily live with the other flaws. Hopefully they'll revisit and update it to ceramic at some point.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
My TD just advised me that it is PVD titanium case. Shame as I could easily live with the other flaws. Hopefully they'll revisit and update it to ceramic at some point.

That's a shame, but not a surprise given it's BLS. Perhaps a more competent factory will start making them before long?

Observvito

Supporter
Certified
24/5/24
That's a shame, but not a surprise given it's BLS. Perhaps a more competent factory will start making them before long?
Perhaps indeed. I believe the BLS bezel on their 44M Super Chronomats is ceramic... One can always hope.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Thanks for confirming. Titanium pvd is at least not a bad option over stainless for me. It will be nice and light weight and a more interesting material. I think I actually like this better than the bandit with regards to color options. I always thought the bandit should have a black dial for more pop and to make the titanium look more vibrant. That dull grayish blue kind of washed out the titanium look for me. If this were ceramic it would be an insta buy.

Hopefully trusty will have some videos of it and get them on his site soon to get a good look at them.