• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Availability of PANERAI reps during the raids"

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
What are the latest news regarding VSF. Has it discontinued ?
QCs from other brands takes weeks, even months now :(

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Yes, I heard about this a while ago.
As you can imagine, reasonable alternatives are either to use other movt., Or to allow them in other factories.
In the first case, many other changes in the models will be required, and this will require a lot of time and money; in the other case, these resources will be required even more, but at least we will get a chance to see these products in the form in which we bought not so long ago.

If the situation is really like that, then if we see the clones in a year or so, then this is a good alignment.
Well, or let's go back to the 7750 era.

However, just my thoughts on this matter.

I will add:

If for Daytona (as far as I know), the clone determines the correct thickness simultaneously with the functionality, and is the only solution so far, then in the case of PANERAI, this is not so critical. The era of the P.9000 model has passed, it was never a clone in the full sense, like the VSF caliber for Rolex, its thickness did not allow for the thickness of gen cases, and its appearance was not suitable for models with a transparent caseback. In the end, even the function of resetting the second hand to "0" at the second stop was not implemented.
VSF had to come up with something new anyway to match the new models to the fullest, and now they are freed from the only exploitable option.
Of course, their situation is difficult, but if they return to work, despite the absence of these clones, then future reps will have a chance to progress in quality.
Of course, there are PAM382, PAM438, PAM312 and some other eternal hits, which, most likely, under such circumstances, we will lose forever, but well ... A lot of new things are ahead.
Chronographs based on the P.9200, the slim OP.900 for example, and even last P.9010, will open the way for many new models, which will be more and more in the PAM lineup.

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
The raid has had a devastating effect on the REP marked. It might take years to reach the same level of quality as see pre-raid.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
The raid has had a devastating effect on the REP marked. It might take years to reach the same level of quality as see pre-raid.

I think this a depressing reality.

I was lucky enough to grab my most desired reps both post-raid - 968 and 127 (albeit XF) and have since been watching the M2M sales boards like a Wall Street trader!

Luckily my rep goals are modest, just want to add a 42mm Panerai and a carbotech to my collection and be quasi-retired from the rep game.

Was lucky enough to grab a 1055 and 1616 from members that are currently enroute!

It seems dedicating your life to hitting refresh on M2M and feverishly looking for ‘Panerai’ is the best option for us Paneristi for now.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
And Hwf does not evolve towards other PAM models?

When TrustyTime first presented the HW factory, they described it as a small factory that would manufacture Hand Wind pams, hence the name. Of course, everything can be, but I would not odd automatic submersibles from them, with a clone of automatic manufactory movement, for example.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
I think this a depressing reality.

I was lucky enough to grab my most desired reps both post-raid - 968 and 127 (albeit XF) and have since been watching the M2M sales boards like a Wall Street trader!

Luckily my rep goals are modest, just want to add a 42mm Panerai and a carbotech to my collection and be quasi-retired from the rep game.

Was lucky enough to grab a 1055 and 1616 from members that are currently enroute!

It seems dedicating your life to hitting refresh on M2M and feverishly looking for ‘Panerai’ is the best option for us Paneristi for now.

I can relate. Sometimes the m2ms can go dry for days, and then suddenly in a single day 2-3 good PAM deals show up. If you blink for a second, you might miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk