• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Automatic winding boxes

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
Has anybody seen an automatic winding box that can wind more than 4 watches? The only one I have found is
1.jpg
I would like one with space for 10-12 watches, if anyone has purchased one or can help me, it would be greatly appreciated! Also less that 500 would be preferred lo l:)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You will not find a 12 watch winder for under 2,000 at least mate.

The Volta does 16, it's 5k
B005P32T0Q.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
AceTimer has one that winds 8 + displays another 10. It's under $400.
I have 2 and they work great, though don't seem to keep my A7750 movement watches running for more that a few days.
A fair trade-off for the price, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
level, how long have you had your acetimer? Do you use the 1000 turns per day? Is there a reason why the valjox doesnt work well with it? Sorry for all the questions

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Is there a reason why the valjox doesnt work well with it?

Because most Ace winders only have a bi-directional winding setting. A 7750 only winds in one direction (never can remember which without checking) and needs all those turns to be going the right way to keep one running.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Well, a quick google of "Heiden HD013" will show you that the going price is between 899 and 998. I doubt they ever sell for the 4k "retail" price. Do some googleing and read some reviews on their products and see what the quality is like before you buy.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
TB already answered the 7750 question.
I've had my AceTimer boxes for about 3 years - still quiet and running strong.

As for the watch lasting longer - it's debatable. The RSC tells me it's best to not keep it wound up and running all the time, but that it should be wound at least once a month so that it runs at least 3 or 4 hours a month. Like anything else mechanical, increased use means increased wear over time. Also, like anything else mechanical, if you let it sit idle for too long it will seize up.

As for grabbing the watch and going without needing to set the time -- yeah... good luck with that! Even my gen Rolexs and Oris and Omega and vintage Cornavin etc will require periodic time adjustments, as will all mechanical watches. If I don't wear a watch for a month or two (most of mine are only worn 2-5 times per year) they will require time adjustments (and often date adjustments) every time I wear them.

If you want a watch you can grab after 2 months and not have to re-set, go quartz.

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
Thanks for the help! after reading some reviews on different models, some get really pricey fast haha. I think the acetime for the price and for mostly reps will be my choice! I really appreciate the help and the perspective! I enjoy the automatic movements too much to go quartz so I guess I will have to do some setting but I think I will be pleased with the box and hopefully my watches start coming in :)

tabularasa415

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/11
Check out belocia.com I have an 8 station with digital controls for turns per day and direction for right around $400. Plus, it can hold 10 watches underneath!

Spiralkladd

11/10/12
Does anyone know a combined watch box with a winder?
I am looking for something cheap

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
There are plenty of combined boxen/winders. be careful about going too cheap tho. The real cheapies are both noisy and prone to failure.

Spiralkladd

11/10/12
Does anyone know a combined watch box with a winder?
I am looking for something cheap

WATCHCOLLECTR

Known Member
28/8/12
Diplomat makes a stackable winder box. I think you can go up to 16 and still be able to get the box to go around the stacked winders. You still looking at about 1K at least if you shop around.